cast a rearset bracket

themotoworks said:
damn dude, you've got me... you must be a mechanical engineer who called me on my bullshit and lack of knowledge, i'll go back to making things that don't work now. byebye
I didn't call BS on anything. I asked a couple questions.

As for A356-T6 being a drop in replacement for 6061-T6. Not quite. Round about 93% of their metallurgical make up is the same. The 7% difference makes 6061 harder, gives it higher tensile strength, fatigue strength, and shear strength, along with a slightly higher melting point, and slightly better conductivity.

Large parts are cast because they are large parts. Costs would be astronomical to start with a billet large enough to cut a frame out of.

No sense in acting like a child. I asked questions on your process, you made the claim that sand cast had better mechanical properties, and I asked where you got that info. Nothing more.

A thought on casting the cylinder heads, Have you considered the 3D print to be done is water soluble support material allowing you to just pack the sand around the print then just pour in the alloy or dissolve the support material first? Basically like doing lost wax casting?

It would be sweet to see some 2 valve Duc heads with proper valve sizes and more modern angles.

Back
Top Bottom