CL350 Turn Signal Ground

jeffcampagna

Hey folks,

Switching out the turn signals of my 1973 CL350. Not bothering with LED. I have some nice mini incandescent 2-wire signals that I got from DCC.

Stock rear signals are two wires, so that's an easy swap. Stock front signals are single wire, which means they must be grounded in the housing somewhere. So I've got a ground wire that I have to find a place for.

Anyone have experience grounding a front CB or CL 350 turn signal? Where's the best place to ground it?

A. Inside the headlight bucket, on the bolt grounds?
B. Plug the ground wire into the Green Ground cluster in the harness?
C. Run the ground wire to the frame somehow?
D. None of the above?

I've got the chrome fork tubes that cover the upper forks so it makes running that ground wire tricky.

Any advice would be appreciated!

I have a CL350 which I put aftermarket indicators on and I chose the headlight bowl. I had a look at grounding inside the indicator itself but the continuity through the headlight bracket to the frame isn’t reliable enough. I crimped two cables into a bullet connector and clicked it into one of those 3-way connectors for the green ground cables.

Oh yeah? I wasn't sure if running the signals' ground wires into the Green grounds in the harness was a true enough ground.

I'm not running a Speedo or Tach, so I've got some left over green ground inputs that may work in the harness.

Back
Top Bottom