Typical CB Front Rotor Dimensions?

raptormeat

Been Around the Block
Are there standards for rotors? I know the 350/360/350f/400f all use the same front rotor, with a 6-bolt pattern on the outside and 4 bolt on the inside. where could i get a replacement OUTSIDE section with the 6 bolt pattern? does anyone know of templates that fit? i dont see any measurements on any rotor sites regarding mm distance between bolt holes and inside diameter of rotor hole. i think i heard it being 258mm across and 7mm thick, but not sure.

Not sure I get exactly what you mean by outside, but you can drill out the rivets on at stock 360 rotor and replace the rotor disc with an EX500 rotor.

7064cce9f2fdc4344b292d492c36a9ce.jpg

a375e9ac26105d45f0597c605e126175.jpg

Turnturtle said:
Irk, what was the weight savings for that swap? It looks great!
I can't say for certain, since I didn't weight it, but I can promise it's pretty significant.

Perfect, thank you sir.

In general, how's the tradeoff with braking power work?
Between a lighter rotor weight, but a bit less rotor area to be squeezed.
Help or hurt braking or kinda equals out i imagine, do u know? who cares right! LOoks SICK :eek: :p

raptormeat said:
Perfect, thank you sir.

In general, how's the tradeoff with braking power work?
Between a lighter rotor weight, but a bit less rotor area to be squeezed.
Help or hurt braking or kinda equals out i imagine, do u know? who cares right! LOoks SICK :eek: :p
The stock brakes on a 360, and pretty much all 70s Hondas suck. In this case, you get a drilled rotor which stays cooler, and thus improves braking. Plus, I ran a 2 piston GS500 caliper, which is also an improvement. I didn't even try to see if the stock caliper would work.

raptormeat said:
I need to fashion a bracket for that I'd imagine...
I'll give it a shot...
Yes, unless the dims match, which I honestly never measured. LOL

Back
Top Bottom