XV750 - "The Rust Bucket" - #500x500 Challenge

dilbone said:
that bike is gonna be a serious head turner...like mad max stuff, very cool

Thanks man! Bike was a total bust though. The 500x500 was this weekend and the bike wasn't ready. Fab work took longer than expected (whoops) and I didn't have time to get it running. Had good spark and compression, bike was turning over, but nothing. Going to work on it a bit more. Next up is checking the valve timing and the carbs again.

Went on the ride anyway on my 850 and it was a blast.

Wow, can't even believe it myself. Got this old bastard running last week. After being super frustrated and not touching it for about a month I decided my last effort would be to clean the carbs, again. So I did. Slapped them back on and it fired right up.

Ordered a new battery cause I fried the first one, and before you know it I was ripping up the street. Will post up some more pictures once I have a chance to get her out and take a few.

Much more fun to ride than I expected. These 750's actually have a fair bit of power.

I suck and totally didn't post the pictures that I promised. I ended up selling it shortly after I took these. Then I sold my XS850, so I now have zero motorcycles :( I bought a VW Vanagon, so that has been consuming my time lately. Will get another bike next springs.

I preferred it without the luggage rack, so I pulled that off. Easy to put back on. Also had plans for a rear fender which I sent with the new owner.

I realize the bike isn't in everyones taste, but it was fun to build. So yeah.

Back
Top Bottom