GR650......starting over for the last time

Wish I could help more Ben. Obviously, an older GS sending unit would require you cutting a hole in a GS500 tank where the whole assembly would fit.....

But where were we here? I powder coated the aluminum dash and used automotive door trim around the edges:

Cleaned up all the wiring under the dash (still need to make a bracket for the speedo sensor, so it's not hooked up yet):

Ran the wiring for the gear indicator, and added a relay for the ignition coil. Since the relay is putting out full voltage from the battery, I ran a wire from it up to the volt meter on the dash:

I took the headlights out to get better access to the wiring, and when I reinstalled them I used the wrong holes (why they look low in the fairing).

Made a bracket to hold the rear signals & license plate. Had to get separate led bolts to illuminate the plate though:

And rolled the whole thing outside today for a better look at the fairing, mirrors, plate / signal mount / etc:

Ordering some mandrel bends for the exhaust over the next day or two.... but that's it for now.

Yep. I've been done and riding it all season. All these pics are a year old.

Two more minutes Turkish.

Thanks Mike! Hope you're getting better every day man....

Ordered up the tubing to do the mid section of the exhaust:

And finished cutting / welding / grinding everything last night:

View of the left side:

And the right side:

Now that the mid section is done, I can order the last couple pipes to get the muffler where I want it. In the meantime though, there is some powder coating and painting to do....

Cool man. Shoot me a text next time you're off. I'll bring the 750 over. I want to see this beast in person.

Back
Top Bottom