Sachs 650 Street tracker/ Now with video !!!!!!

Re: Sachs 650 Street tracker/ fork brace/back light

Finished off the fork brace and the back light bracket
P1010197.jpg

P1010203.jpg

P1010201.jpg
976.photobucket.com/albums/ae250/flatron52/P1010198.jpg[/IMG]
P1010205.jpg

P1010206.jpg

P1010207.jpg

P1010208.jpg

P1010210.jpg

P1010211.jpg

P1010209.jpg

Im pleased with the way these turned out ,still trying to fab up a singel seat
P1010169.jpg

P1010168.jpg

P1010170.jpg

I like what you've done so far, but that number plate idea looks off, man. If you're running a single seat, chop the pass peg mounts and that triangle brace the bolt into, then fab some side covers to go over that air box area or leave it open. But that squarish bit throws off some good lines.

Thanks for the input Kev, Im running two seats on this bike duel seat for when the misses comes with and the singel for blates with my mates,The air box is going and will use K@Ns as for the number plate is a bit tricky here in the UK if i have it mounted on the side it will have to be on the right (number plates always spoil the look)
Cheers mate

jeff4uk said:

Sorry-I was referring to this side number plate. Are you going to modify a standard dirt track seat to work with as a two-up? They're usually singles.

AAAAAAAA gotcha, No this idea has been ditched to a straight through and use K&Ns and hide the reg under the seat, the seat on it as in this pic is the duel seat and im fabing up a single at the moment (cant use a standard tracker seat there to narrow at the tank end for this frame and it kicks up at the back after 6 inches)
Any more obs and il be pleased to here them
Cheers

Re: Sachs 650 Street tracker/ No more air box / single seat fabbed

So spent today on the bike (wife was out) rear wheel has to come out to ditch the air box !!!!
and i fabbed up my single seat (spayed it to stop it going rusty and to give me an idea of colour view)
P1010225.jpg

P1010220.jpg

P1010221.jpg

P1010222.jpg

P1010224.jpg

put in a bit of body filler over the welds
P1010227.jpg

P1010228.jpg

P1010230.jpg

P1010229.jpg

Mate well done! That should work nicely.

Can I suggest one little addition though? Maybe fab up a little trim piece for either side that extends from the front of the seat under the tank a bit to blend it in a little? Just to get rid of that very obvious step from tank to seat... just a suggestion though, that tail piece is a great shape :D

Thanks pete, ya this was always gonna be challenge to get this idea to flow with the tank, because of the shap of the frame under the tank, I may try exstending the flange at the base of the tank just to tayper it in???

jeff4uk said:
Thanks pete, ya this was always gonna be challenge to get this idea to flow with the tank, because of the shap of the frame under the tank, I may try exstending the flange at the base of the tank just to tayper it in???

Actually yeah that should work! Extend it down from the very front of the tank so it's just a gentle slope back, and if you can extend the white area down a bit that should help blend it in so it looks natural too...

Re: Sachs 650 Street tracker/ tank flange fabbed

Man that was a flaff!!! Thats the best i can do ,Im happy with the result and with a pro paint/filler job at Daytona paint will look smooth
P1010238.jpg

P1010237.jpg

P1010239.jpg

Need to tidy up wiring now and fit the K&Ns

Re: Sachs 650 Street tracker/ tank flamge fabbed

Perfect! That makes the tank flow nicely to the seat and tail, just what the Dr ordered ;D

Re: Sachs 650 Street tracker/ shocks and bits and bobs

So im trying some other shocks (not bad !) Fitted the horn,indis and thorttel cable and trying to tidy up the back of the two seats ill be useing
P1010275.jpg

P1010277.jpg

P1010280.jpg

P1010282.jpg

the holes from the frame cut off will be filled in and painted black, ?????????????

Re: Sachs 650 Street tracker/ shocks and bits and bobs

Definitely getting there, and those shocks look the goods!

As for the open frame ends, I've seen that done two ways.

One is to weld a circular steel cap on.

The other is to use those plastic rubbery bits they put on the bottom of round steel chair legs, although I'm guessing you want a perfect fit with those or some glue so they don't fall out while riding.

Re: Sachs 650 Street tracker/ K&Ns/Seat ends

Progress is slow now but the K&Ns came so there on
P1010284.jpg

Also fabbed the seat ends, One the single seat i welded it on but on the duel seat this end bolts onto the frame via the washers inserted into the cut off holes
P1010285.jpg

P1010286.jpg

P1010289.jpg

P1010293.jpg

P1010294.jpg

P1010292.jpg

P1010290.jpg

Nice work! And don't worry about slow progress. Slow progress is better than no progress ;)

Just have to say how much I like that frame of yours. Got a great design pedigree :)

Thanks Erskine ,here;s a vid of it up and running

Sounds well loud in real life !!!

Back
Top Bottom