Going to London for a week

TJGM

Of Wild Kind...
What should I see motorcycle related ?
Wife is dragging me the ballet one night, otherwise I'm a free man.

Cheers,
~T

Are you going to be stuck in London or able to travel a bit further?

If stuck in London then I guess it's Ace Cafe and possibly a visit to Chelsea Bridge.

Further afield are Box Hill and Sammy Millers motorcycle museum.

Not much in central London. There's a museum in Greenford, which you can get to on the tube.
http://www.london-motorcycle-museum.org/
Also The Bike Shed in EC1, if you like that sort of thing, not my cup of tea though.
http://thebikeshed.cc/london-venue/

Could head to the ace cafe. Pretty cool but in an absolute shithole of an area and also hard to get to from central.

Edit: if you get to the ace cafe on a weekend you're likely to see LOADS of bikes outside so that's cool. It's a regular meet up/pit stop destination...

The bike shed in east London is supposed to be cool and is said to have good food. If nothing else it'll have some nice bikes there so worth a visit if you're in the area.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

As they said, Ace Cafe -easy to reach by train-, The Bike Shed and Lewis Leathers store are in London and you can reach them with the tube. Loads of Rockers events to attend in these days, check for them in facebook. Cheers.

Thanks again guys. Still checking off the wife's list, but I'm managing to drink loads of warm beer ! :)

~T

London is the only place in the world I've been where restaurant staff didn't understand my accent, though I got accused of being Australian in California.

miffa said:
population of London is 8.7 million ,non of which speaky the English

joking apart try getting north of the capital to get a more realistic experience of what England and the English are really like ,our accents vary from barely understandable to total jibberish

What a load of old pony.

Hey guys,
Made it to The Bike Shed, it was actually pretty cool. And the London Motorcycle Museum, and got to see a Vincent Black Shadow !

Cheers,
~T

semmins said:
Nice one, how was the ballet?

Not bad actually. I make a point to not deny myself a cultural experience that I wouldn't normally see. A great example is Nascar with my dad, not my bag... but why not. That and the ballet make the Mrs. a little "feisty" ;-)

~T

miffa said:
population of London is 8.7 million ,non of which speaky the English

joking apart try getting north of the capital to get a more realistic experience of what England and the English are really like ,our accents vary from barely understandable to total jibberish

Nice contribution there mate. You ever actually been to London? Dickhead.

TJGM said:
I'd rather you guys didn't fight, this thread is really about the ballet.
~T

Sorry bro. Though if someone is going to start sprouting some xenophobic shit I'd be more concerned about that tbh.

el barto said:
Sorry bro. Though if someone is going to start sprouting some xenophobic shit I'd be more concerned about that tbh.

I was totally joking, I can't stand that shit either.

Cheers,
~T

Back
Top Bottom