Is my tank spread out?

ryan_289

I didn't pay attention to this when I took everything down but it looks like my tank is too wide at the front where it hooks into the rubber bushings.
f7de0cf8180575e23b0090f8de0db7b2.jpg
c937fb5ea04b4341794bb44fd801d3f3.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Ooph.. idk, sure looks like something unsavory is going on there. Not sure exactly how a tank would "spread out" like that though.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

When they build up too much pressure inside, they tend to open up like that. I've had it happen on a few tanks where I used the vinegar/baking soda mix to remove dents. You can push it back together by grabbing the seams at the bottom of the tank and squeezing together. It doesn't take much to bend it back. Just be careful not to grab the sides of the tank where you can dent it. Make sure you have a good, properly vented cap to prevent it from happening again, especially if it sits in the sun.

irk miller said:
When they build up too much pressure inside, they tend to open up like that. I've had it happen on a few tanks where I used the vinegar/baking soda mix to remove dents. You can push it back together by grabbing the seams at the bottom of the tank and squeezing together. It doesn't take much to bend it back. Just be careful not to grab the sides of the tank where you can dent it. Make sure you have a good, properly vented cap to prevent it from happening again, especially if it sits in the sun.
My tank has some dents in it on top. What is your baking soda/vinegar mix method? I'm assuming a chemical reaction creates a gas that pops them out? How do you get the tank sealed up tight enough?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Duct tape and the cap (with the vent taped up) seals it up fine. Just make sure you're ready to release pressure. It's possible to bust a seam on a weak tank. I haven't yet, but I know someone who has. I don't measure. I just pour about a cup of baking soda in, then some vinegar.

Back
Top Bottom