Tech Thread - Got a technical project or delimna?

OK Aaron - how does this Saturday work for you on the wheels, or do you have them sorted already?

Saturday afternoon works fine for me....Where is this shin-dig happenin? Johanne's? I've not been to his shop but I've heard all about it...

Guys,

Can we make it for 2pm this Saturday at my shop?

Address: 8621 Barefoot Industrial Rd, Raleigh (Close to CarMax, Eagles Gas station and Dunkin Donuts)

Johann 919-924-9891

Yep, Johann - as we discussed shooting for 1-2 pm tomorrow. Ryan and Aaron and I are going - who else is in?

Still time to get in a morning ride....

Folks: anyone have an area of technical knowledge they care to share? Let's set up a schedule of tech sessions that we can have regularly during the year. Here is a beginning list. Everyone, please pitch in with your bike building knowledge.

The idea is to set up meetings at folks houses or shops periodically. Also feel free to put down a potential date that you'd like to do a session:

Session: Technicians: Potential Dates:

Wire Harness Fabrication Will B
Carb Cleaning, Sync, and Maintenance Mikial, Scot, Will B
Quality Painting Made Easy Gray S.
Chain Maintenance and Replacement Scot Oct 8/9, or 15/16
Wheel Building and Trueing Scot Oct 8/9, or 15/16
Replacing Fork Seals Eddie
Engine Tech Joey M
Shim Over Bucket Valve Adjustment Scot Oct 8/9, or 15/16
Suspension Upgrades Will B
Suspension Upgrades Will B
Welding
Metal Fabrication
Fiberglass molding
Upholstery
Metal Polishing Dave M, Eric P
Powder Coating
Electroplating (Caswell System)

Feel free to chip a few in....

If Eric doesn't want to do it, I'll definitely volunteer for aluminum polishing. I've been polishing everything I own for the past three months and getting pretty good at it.

DaveMinella said:
If Eric doesn't want to do it, I'll definitely volunteer for aluminum polishing. I've been polishing everything I own for the past three months and getting pretty good at it.

Yeah, saw those piston photos today... lol. Wonder if that will make your bike go faster??? :D

OK, so if that looks good, let's start pluggimg in some potential dates...

I think the wheel building would be the first for me. 15 October?

not sure if this fits for what you're looking for in a tech session, but i need to replace the camshaft in a cx500 i have. i have to be up front though, i don't plan on keeping the bike. once the cam is replaced and the bike is running i plan on selling it to fund my cx500 cafe project.

i'm not sure if this is more involved than what you're looking for. with that, and the fact i plan on selling it, i understand if you say no. just throwing it out there.

i've never done something like this before. i'm not so worried about removing the camshaft and followers out of my parts engine. but i do wonder about putting it in the new engine and making sure i line everything up correctly.

if this fits what you're thinking then let me know. otherwise, i'll just stick to the plan of doing it in my backyard :)

p.s. i'd like to see the wheel truing. i could make it on the 9th but not the 15th. since it's not my rim it doesn't matter much. but if either date is good i'd like the 9th. but it's not a biggie.

I'll keep ya'll posted then, Dean. Eddie is bucking real hard for me to hit Barber with him! :D

So it is like this - if you have a project you are doing, invite folks over for a tech session. Some folks might even be able to help out!

Back
Top Bottom