"Show off your jacket" thread

Well Scotch, for those of us who don't wear leather jackets or might be pro-vegan, this thread can serve to cover jackets of the textile, imitation, waxed cotton, denim, etc.. style of riding jackets... ;D

Here's my Joe Rocket Atomic 2.0 jacket. Wanted it since I was a teen. They changed designs but luckily I tracked one down on clearance locally a few years ago. Wife surprised me one day with it. She said "if you're gonna ride, you're gonna ride safe." And yes, hell yes I'm standing in my bathroom taking pictures.

IMG_1039-1.jpg

I have a boatload of patches. I'll stick some on the Joe Rocket jacket and save some for another jacket I plan to buy later this year.

tumblr_ly4niwnNmV1qb5nzto1_500.jpg

I am considering buying this Vanson Leathers waxed cotton jacket. I saw it on Lowbrow Customs website but you can buy it direct from Vanson for $70 cheaper. :eek:

Picture2-26.png

Alrighty, here's my cafe-specific jacket. It's a denim River Road Ironclad jacket. Has armor in the shoulders and forearms, as well as a foam back pad. Not exactly as rough and tumble as my leathers, but it's got some style. I found this on eBay through Iron Pony, scored it for $29.99+shipping BRAND NEW! Got plans for more patches down the road, but I need to find a decent large patch for the back.

6778439002_26efd2e400_z.jpg
6778438998_e83eecf7a6.jpg

And a shot of the DTT patch, of course.
6778438992_d0ef6e0a4e.jpg

arcspeedworks said:
Alrighty, here's my cafe-specific jacket. It's a denim River Road Ironclad jacket. Has armor in the shoulders and forearms, as well as a foam back pad. Not exactly as rough and tumble as my leathers, but it's got some style. I found this on eBay through Iron Pony, scored it for $29.99+shipping BRAND NEW! Got plans for more patches down the road, but I need to find a decent large patch for the back.

that doesn't look half bad! for some reason when I read denim I think of those very ugly jackets from the late 80's/early 90's...gives me an option for a low price jacket while I'm in between sizes.

For denim, yeah, this isn't half-bad. I would've preferred a Perfecto-type jacket over this, but that style just doesn't work with me. I almost got a leather Members Only jacket, but I wanted something that could actually provide some kind of protection. This at least lets me pull off a semi-retro look. Sadly, I've lost enough weight in the last month of owning the jacket that I should've ordered a large instead of an XL. For the price though, it's a killer jacket and it goes well with my Bell Revolver.

arcspeedworks said:
For denim, yeah, this isn't half-bad. I would've preferred a Perfecto-type jacket over this, but that style just doesn't work with me. I almost got a leather Members Only jacket, but I wanted something that could actually provide some kind of protection. This at least lets me pull off a semi-retro look. Sadly, I've lost enough weight in the last month of owning the jacket that I should've ordered a large instead of an XL. For the price though, it's a killer jacket and it goes well with my Bell Revolver.

I hear you on the weight thing, when I bought my current jacket a year ago I was 350 pounds, and it's a 4x...which with the hoody liner in, was just right. Now, at 270 pounds, it's a we bit on the swallow me whole side..lol. I'm with you in that the traditional style perfecto type jackets don't work with me either, most sportbike jackets don't as well (both types being too short). I'm having a damn hard time finding something to wear now..

edit: plus I'm more fond of textile than leather...cheaper, and a lot of leather jackets come with zero armor

I could only wish the traditional biker jacket look fits me. Luckily, I can pull off the sportbike jackets still and I trust mine to the Tee. Actually, I've tested most of them at some point of another. To make things worse, most of the leather jackets that aren't made specifically for motorcycle riding are so thin and weakly stitched that they will shred if they hit pavement... Wouldn't trust my Wilson's leather jacket to save me.

Anyhow, good work on the weight-loss, Gray. That's an amazing drop. Always better to have to find a smaller jacket to fit than looking for a larger one. Iron Pony's still got the Ironclad listed on eBay for $29.99 in XL, XXL and 3XL, either in black (like mine) or blue. It's hard to beat the price and still have a jacket that can be worn casually without screaming that it's riding gear. Here's the links if you're interested.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RiverRoad-IronClad-Black-Denim-Riding-Jacket-XXLarge-/370475006005?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&vxp=mtr&hash=item564207f835

http://www.ebay.com/itm/RiverRoad-IronClad-Denim-Riding-Jacket-XXXLarge-091302-/370394011274?pt=Apparel_Merchandise&vxp=mtr&hash=item563d34168a

BTW, Blake, that Vanson jacket's pretty sick. Maybe I'll go for one of those when I get out of CHEAP mode...

Edit: I can't believe I used the term "sick"... So not my generation...

That's a cool jacket - it's out of stock most places, but I found it on ebay for $50 here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/River-Road-IronClad-Black-Motorcyle-Riding-Jacket-M-3XL-/200550087550

How did you attach the patches to the jacket?

arcspeedworks said:

620dark said:
That's a cool jacket - it's out of stock most places, but I found it on ebay for $50 here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/River-Road-IronClad-Black-Motorcyle-Riding-Jacket-M-3XL-/200550087550

How did you attach the patches to the jacket?

Thanks, Dark. Iron Pony's still selling them @ 29.99 on ebay. I might pick up a blue denim jacket, just because. As for the patches, I had them sewn on after being artificially aged. Decided that I might want to transfer the patches in the eventuality that I got a different jacket.

*Edits due to a lack of caffeination...*

Nice. I dig the old school flavor. Reminds me, though, I still need to get me a DCC patch.

thanks! this patch cost way to much to ship from england but i really like the retro feel. the dime city patch is really nice too. love the color.
DSC_0087.jpg

arcspeedworks said:
Nice. I dig the old school flavor. Reminds me, though, I still need to get me a DCC patch.

I can only imagine how much that cost... I've got a Mobil Pegasus patch coming in the next day or so. Surely not vintage, so not as credible, but still... Nothing a 12-hour soak in Folgers instant coffee and some sandpaper won't fix!

MILLENNIUM FALCON said:
thanks! this patch cost way to much to ship from england but i really like the retro feel. the dime city patch is really nice too. love the color.
DSC_0087.jpg

Blake said:
Well Scotch, for those of us who don't wear leather jackets or might be pro-vegan, this thread can serve to cover jackets of the textile, imitation, waxed cotton, denim, etc.. style of riding jackets... ;D

Here's my Joe Rocket Atomic 2.0 jacket. Wanted it since I was a teen. They changed designs but luckily I tracked one down on clearance locally a few years ago. Wife surprised me one day with it. She said "if you're gonna ride, you're gonna ride safe." And yes, hell yes I'm standing in my bathroom taking pictures.

IMG_1039-1.jpg

I have a boatload of patches. I'll stick some on the Joe Rocket jacket and save some for another jacket I plan to buy later this year.

tumblr_ly4niwnNmV1qb5nzto1_500.jpg

I am considering buying this Vanson Leathers waxed cotton jacket. I saw it on Lowbrow Customs website but you can buy it direct from Vanson for $70 cheaper. :eek:

Picture2-26.png

I've accumulated more patches and there are more on the way. Drew out some specs last night to figure which patches will go on which jackets. I think I'll make one sort of like a vintage racing jacket with sponsors, etc. The goal is to make them look too busy.

photo-17.jpg

Screenshot2012-03-02at115658PM.png
Screenshot2012-03-02at115740PM.png

Screenshot2012-03-02at115723PM.png
Screenshot2012-03-02at115709PM.png

That's quite an impressive collection o' patchies, Blake! I like the Rolling Stones and various beverage-type images. I somehow talked myself out of emblazoning Van Halen, Def Leppard and Dr. Pepper on my jacket...

Busy is good.

Back
Top Bottom