91' nighthawk brat/cafe never seen this before

mrwolf

live fast die young
fucking ugly

Attachments

• IMG_1537.JPG
    IMG_1537.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,066
ugly seatrails replaced with straight flowing ones..

Attachments

• night.jpg
    night.jpg
    82.4 KB · Views: 2,579
78' tank mounted with great difficulty..

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    114.6 KB · Views: 4,694
thanks guys. it took a lot of vision, two major things that put me off initially were the fact that the frame is sloped at the rear and its impossible to make a seat look good on the stock frame. Also another issue is getting the pods dialled in on the carbs, but I'll get there. this bike is going to be more of a bratstyle cruiser instead of a cafe, but not too sure of the exact direction and the details of the bars, rearsets(if any) etc..

@HKSailor nah dude in the US till January and can only get back to it when i'm back in Hong Kong!

excuse my non existent photoshop skills. one thing i cant decide on is renthal ultra low bars or drag bars.. any suggestions?

decided against rear sets, wanna be more comfortable sitting upright and have space for a pillion.

Nice, I would suggest the renthal style bars as a slight bend looks better and I find easier on the wrists than drag or broomstick bars. Much improved. These bikes are great to ride, and own but are blah in the looks department. You are fixing that part. I like the wheels now and didn't on the original bike.

thanks guys and thank you maritime because i was leaning toward the renthals and you just confirmed it for me. will look way better on this bike and will suit the overall look i'm going for. still need to drop the rear of the tank a little to line up with the seat rails, but thats no biggie.

agreed nighthawks are great bikes, powerful too. but oh so fugly. this one will be the only pretty nighthawk in the world! ::) I have seen some attempts at cafe racers, but the slanting seat rails and oddly mounted ill fitting tank choices always ruin it for me.

now i need to back up some of this big talk!

I like what you've done with the seat rails. I like seeing stuff like this, just proves with some balls to cut and weld some stuff into place you can make any and every bike look/work the way you see fit.

Back
Top Bottom