CB360 wheel compatibility

Dmmascari

Hey guys! Haven't posted much around here but I'm finally getting back on too of finishing my 360 build. My question for all of you gurus is what wheels will swap out with the 360 with minimal fab work? I want to put mag wheels on my build but I just can't seem to find the right info on what will work. I've heard Kawasaki 440 ltds will swap and I really like the look of them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

If you going down the aluminum wheel road, be prepared to get into different forks and possibly a custom, or completely different swing arm.

If you are talking same era mag wheels, you can make just about any make/brand work.

You will have to make new spacers, and may need to swap axles/lathe a new axle.

Forum Member Mr E. is currently building a CB750 using Kawasaki Mags. Hit him up about what it is taking.

Dmmascari said:
Hey guys! Haven't posted much around here but I'm finally getting back on too of finishing my 360 build. My question for all of you gurus is what wheels will swap out with the 360 with minimal fab work? I want to put mag wheels on my build but I just can't seem to find the right info on what will work. I've heard Kawasaki 440 ltds will swap and I really like the look of them. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Questions like this are common, but there's no answer to it.
Custom motorcyle fab work is a trial and error process - changes are small/none somebody has done ecxactly what you want. If you like those wheels, buy them and try them. Thats the only way to be sure. You can see with your own eyes what it will take and only then you can decide if you're up to it.

I'm sure i would get it to work, but the work might only be justified for me by the fact that i would really REALLY want those wheels on my bike and i would be superstoked to rock 'em.

I say might be, for all i know it could be a straight swap - pure luck in that case.
Anything can be done, its just a matter of skills/time/money of wich you can pick any 2.

ps, if you are going down the mag road, check following;

-axle diameter (sure you could buy other bearings..)
-mag wheels have no "hub", therefor hub can not be spaced off center by spoke adjustment. how far off is the brake disk/sprocket in that story? IT HAS TO BE SPOT ON YOU CAN NOT ADJUST WITHOUT MAJOR WORK.

Bert Jan said:
Questions like this are common, but there's no answer to it.
Custom motorcyle fab work is a trial and error process - changes are small/none somebody has done ecxactly what you want. If you like those wheels, buy them and try them. Thats the only way to be sure. You can see with your own eyes what it will take and only then you can decide if you're up to it.

I'm sure i would get it to work, but the work might only be justified for me by the fact that i would really REALLY want those wheels on my bike and i would be superstoked to rock 'em.

I say might be, for all i know it could be a straight swap - pure luck in that case.
Anything can be done, its just a matter of skills/time/money of wich you can pick any 2.

ps, if you are going down the mag road, check following;

-axle diameter (sure you could buy other bearings..)
-mag wheels have no "hub", therefor hub can not be spaced off center by spoke adjustment. how far off is the brake disk/sprocket in that story? IT HAS TO BE SPOT ON YOU CAN NOT ADJUST WITHOUT MAJOR WORK.
Bert, thanks for the reply. I was hoping there would be an easier answer than this! ;D but you're right and I do really want them so I guess I'll figure it out! Thanks for the tips though. And if anyone else has any pro tips they'd be greatly appreciated!

I would assume your 360 is a 1975 front disc brake? Otherwise those Kawi wheels will not bolt up to the CB's drum brake forks. The rear drums look very similar, but it really isn't too hard to make the brake stay and linkage work. Axle size needs to be the same, and spacers can always be custom cut.

Looking at the Kawi front forks and brakes, your almost better off trying to swap the whole front end, forks, trees, and front wheel. That braking system is a little more up to date, and wouldn't have the hang up issues known to happen on the CB's.

I wouldn't say it's hopeless. . . but your trying to put Kawi parts on a Honda, shame on you. :)

MGD said:
I would assume your 360 is a 1975 front disc brake? Otherwise those Kawi wheels will not bolt up to the CB's drum brake forks. The rear drums look very similar, but it really isn't too hard to make the brake stay and linkage work. Axle size needs to be the same, and spacers can always be custom cut.

Looking at the Kawi front forks and brakes, your almost better off trying to swap the whole front end, forks, trees, and front wheel. That braking system is a little more up to date, and wouldn't have the hang up issues known to happen on the CB's.

I wouldn't say it's hopeless. . . but your trying to put Kawi parts on a Honda, shame on you. :)

indeed would be heaps easier to get a complete front end. that way, you only have to make the steerer bearings fit and dont have to hassle with brakes and spacers and shit. my .02

Back
Top Bottom