Cb360 Reassembly Help

This is the reg rec wiring. Happened when the red wire was connected to 12v

Attachments

• 3138052E-A08F-4B31-9C4D-114766312A47.jpeg
    3138052E-A08F-4B31-9C4D-114766312A47.jpeg
    710.6 KB · Views: 150
Can you compare the wires to the harness and check and ensure the colors match up? That usually occurs when the ground and power wires are swapped.

Dang dawg you nailed it.

Will a molex extractor tool work for this type of connector so I can swap the wires? Or do you have a suggestion as to what works best.

Ill order a new reg/rec from you promptly tomorrow morning!

Attachments

• 609D92CF-905E-4E14-AE3A-46F5A3BD9E31.jpeg
    609D92CF-905E-4E14-AE3A-46F5A3BD9E31.jpeg
    915.4 KB · Views: 146
Provided you didn't swap the wires, that was probably my fault. Email me your address at info@sparckmoto.com and I'll get a new one into the mail.

Any damage to any of the insulation on the harness? I'm guessing not because I use thicker wires than the R/R, but you'll definitely want to look it over.

Nope no issues to the harness. Just the reg/rec.

How bout you let me pay you half for the reg/rec for all the help you’ve given me for free thus far? Sound fair?

If that's what you'd prefer, but I figure you already paid for that help when you get the harness.

It’s what I prefer. I did pay for the extra help I agree, but you’ve gone above and beyond any help I thought. (Offered to draw a wiring diagram, which takes time). I think me paying for half of something is hardly worth your time.

Want me to send my info and you can send me an invoice or just make PayPal payment to you in the morning? Whatever is easiest for you

Ignition Timing:

Are the left points supposed to be open when the crank comes to the LF mark? And once open, they should be checked to be within 0.014 correct?
Then, rotate 180 degrees, and do the same with the right points.

What if the points are not opening directly on the LF mark?

They should just open as the crank rotates (counter-clockwise) past the LF mark. At their widest, they should be about .014", but I think anything up to .017" is still in spec?

If the points don't open exactly at the LF mark, then your ignition timing will be off.

Is it possible to be opening at the wrong times altogether? Is that considered 180 degrees out?

Yes, that's possible. It usually only occurs if you've taken the advancer apart and reassembled it 180° out.

If your left opening on right and vice versa?

No they just aren’t opening at all actually. Do I need to move them closer to the cam end

The advancer is the part with the cam that actuates the points. Is it fully seated against the cam? Maybe post a pic?

Here is it in its current state. (The points are open because I was seeing how to move them around last night, I am not saying they are correct.)
When I rotate the engine over counter clockwise, the points do not move.

Attachments

• Timing.jpg
    Timing.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 420
  • Timing 2.jpg
    Timing 2.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 435
First off that advancer lobe looks to be trash. Its gonna shred the "lifters" on the points.

At least try to clean it up. (Knock the rust off)

Second it appears your left is open and on the low point of the lobe.

So loosen it off enough to close up contacts on the low point and open on the high side.

+1 on both those things.

If you loosen the screws holding the points, they will close automatically because of the tension on the springs. This is also how you adjust the gap. You put a feeler gauge in between the points and loosen and then retighten them with the feeler in place.

Took spark advanced off, cleaned cam. Put back on. Left points are opening when approaching F. So 180 our? But the right are not opening

Rotated spark advancer, left points open as approaching lf as we want. But the right still aren’t opening. I unscrewed then to let the spring reset, still not right

Is the points follower contacting the cam? If you open the points with your hand, can you feel tension from the spring?

Back
Top Bottom