50Bucks CL360

mtrace535

Been Around the Block
Well i thought it was about time to stop lerking and post my 360 project. I bought the bike about a year ago and have been doing little things here and there. Now its time to tear it all down and get it ready for summer. Here is the bike as i bought it and then how it sat two weeks ago.
0124002105.jpg
004.jpg
Now ive got it torn down to the frame and need to cut off the remaining unnessary tabs. Most of the engine parts should bee here this week so hopefully i can start putting the motor back together soon.
360frame002.jpg
360frame004.jpg
And if my wife asks it costs about $50

had to laugh at the little footnote- "if my wife asks..."

Sometimes the wrong answer is the right answer--- right for everyone

mtrace535 said:
]And if my wife asks it costs about $50

HAHAHAHAAAA She knows better, you just have to stand there with a deadpan look on your face and not say anything else and she well be, "OK What ever," and walk away. Sorta like mine does. ;D

Nice, glad to see you started a build thread. I didn't realize you were tearing it down and sounds like for a complete rebuild. My wife figured out I was full of shit a long time ago when I told here something cost $50, lol. Now she takes pics of my bikes to make sure I ask before I buy parts, then wants to see the receipts.

Looking forward to following the build.

Lol. It's funny how scary our better halves can be. My fiance gets really pissed every time a package shows up, usually once or twice a week. I've been getting away with this one... "God, it's from Fastenal, all the parts are like three cents a piece! Relax!" Haha. It'll work for a while.

Looks like you have a good start. Can't wait to see where you go with it.

Yeah, she definatly knows better. She has put up with me racing moto for the last 10 years. Thanks Tweakin for the guage tips. Still needs paint but it already look 100% better.
HenrysBDay064.jpg
And thanks Dave ebay member catiawheels for the overlay.

Nice bike man. Love to see more bikes getting the full treatment here. As far as wives, eventually they quit trying. Hahaha. Its been a decade of random boxes showing up, and shes quit asking. ;)

my wife just says im obsessed and i just look at her and smile and tell her that im obsessed with her as well she just needs less work. she usually rolls her eyes and walks away (works for me lol)

I think I just threw up in my mouth...J/K

kookie31 said:
my wife just says im obsessed and i just look at her and smile and tell her that im obsessed with her as well she just needs less work. she usually rolls her eyes and walks away (works for me lol)

I had a productive day. Got the head cylinders and pistons cleaned up. But on closer inspection the cam chain guide and tensioner should be replaced. If any one knows where to get them let me know they seem aufully hard to find.
001.jpg
002.jpg
003.jpg

Keep an eye out on eBay, once in a while they show up. Maybe someone on here has a set to sell I dunno, I got lucky when I cracked mine open they are almost new.
Make sure to pay attention to the rear slipper, there are two versions of it, you want the one that has the ends curl away from the cam chain not towards.

those tenshioners actually look to be in good condition mine are more worn out then yours! send me a pm if you dont use them!!!

I got a notice that the cam chain tensioner shipped today. I cant believe Bike Bandit had one. Hopefully i can get the cases painted in the next couple days and finish preping the frame when the seat gets here.

I got the tensioner friday, still cant believe they had new ones in stock. Got the cases painted yesterday and the cylinder and head today. And got a pretty cool starter plug made and instaled.
001-1.jpg
002-1.jpg

Well i got the motor 80% done. New cam chain tensioner, rings, pins and clips. Im pretty stoked on the black, i think it will look pretty cool with a metallic silver frame.
motor001.jpg
motor002.jpg
Im thinking about putting some stripes down the center of the tank but cant decide between silver or black.

mtrace535 said:
I got a notice that the cam chain tensioner shipped today. I cant believe Bike Bandit had one. Hopefully i can get the cases painted in the next couple days and finish preping the frame when the seat gets here.

Where they new or used???

The engine came together great Russ. You can't go wrong with metallic silver and black. It will look really good with the blue tins.

Waiting sucks! The seat from Glass From The Past and the rest of the exhaust tubing should be here this week. Hopefully ill get the motor done tonight. But in the meantime Im trying to polish a few things and so far im making things shiney but i wouldnt call them polished. Any tips would be helpfull.

Back
Top Bottom