water/salt

4eyes

Over 1,000 Posts
DTT BOTM WINNER
I saw this pic on Elena Myers' facebook page:
1236471_707142352633758_583493353_n.jpg

Did Hoof get washed-out this year? :(

Nope! That photo, I think, was taken either this morning or yesterday at the BUB meet. It got washed out. SpeedWeek was good but the salt was very wet. A lot of spinners in the cars. Two bikes down. One no injuries and one some broken ribs and other owies.

I had a good time but drove myself nits trying to figure why the sidecar would run fast /slow/fast/slow. I was running on a 121.043 record. Piece of cake. Right? The first run I didn't push it as i wanted to check out the new sidecar wheel. Second run, 125 for the mile. 129 top speed. At Bonneville a record is the average of two runs over the same measured mile. Go out the next morning and lose 10 mph and miss the record by 1 mph.

Scratch our heads, run in circles, make three more crappy runs. Then run another 125 mile. 128 top speed. Fall flat on my face on the return run. A couple more crap runs and in the afternoon run 1.7 mph over the record. But at this stage all pride had long gone west so we went to impound. The next morning the return run gave us a new record. .511 mph over the record. After 9 (or it might have been 11 I'm not sure at this stage) runs we took it and headed home.

One laugh we had was I got "interviewed" by a French TV channel, TF1. Thought nothing about t until a Belgian friend sent me this link. http://videos.tf1.fr/auto-moto/plein-phare-sur-la-speed-week-de-bonneville-2013-8248733.html

A few photos of the fun.

The salt was really wet. Packed the wheel fairing every run. Had to abandon it.
58yc.jpg

Pushing up to the line.
usus.jpg

Leaving the line.
1t2i.jpg

9xnj.jpg

Glad you got to run! 8)
Too bad about the sticky salt, it's always something though isn't it. ;)

Rich Ard said:
Hey - you ran the Al wheel!

Yeah about two weeks before SpeedWeek I got the OK with provisions. One of them was I had to sign away any rights I ever had including those in the constitution. It worked great except for the salt packing in the fairing.

Trek97. Here's a short vid from last year.

http://youtu.be/r5EBHbk3Ito

Back
Top Bottom