BGW Tri-Rod Panty Dropper Hellride

irk miller

You've been mostly-dead all day.
DTT BOTM WINNER
Okay, so I totally dropped the ball on a Mid-Ohio go kart for this year. I thought everyone had forgotten, but then I got called out this weekend. To make up for my lame ass lack of concentration, I present this trike for Mid-Ohio 2019 antics. It's a BGW Tri-Rod from the seventies. The bike has definitely spent some time outdoors. The axles are rusty, as is the frame. The CVT is trashed and the fiberglass needs some repair. It's still a solid, unmolested frame, with glass that is not overly difficult to fix. Needless to say, in a drunken stupor, I was easily talked into buying this contraption. That's what friends do. #enablers. 2019 is sure to be interesting...

77150-090718135132.jpeg

cxman said:
i got a spare xl350 motor

Haha. I came really close to picking up a Rockwell 440 snowmobile motor to put in there while I was still in Ohio. I have this thing where I want it to be able to go 60mph. Right now, I have a Honda GC160 to install in there but something better has to happen.

i got plenty of cx500 motors

make a sprocket that sits on the out put shaft

thats 50 hp at 140 lbs running

and easy to wire to run if you use a cdi motor

just one wire plus the reg rectifier and put the battery up front where you will need the ballast

should hit 100 easy and its a 5 speed

shifter cart anyone?

oh yeah it might need wheelie bars

this thing is stupid. I love it. We can still hook you up with a fan cooled sled lump for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hurco550 said:
this thing is stupid. I love it. We can still hook you up with a fan cooled sled lump for sure.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I mean, if we're making bad choices they might as well be glorious bad choices. No one wants to cheat on their girlfriend with an ugly chick.

I've been staring at this mini bike in my garage, thinking about the inevitable drag race in 2019, then staring at this DT250 motor, then back at the mini bike...

Jus' sayin' buddy... ;)

VonYinzer said:
I've been staring at this mini bike in my garage, thinking about the inevitable drag race in 2019, then staring at this DT250 motor, then back at the mini bike...

Jus' sayin' buddy... ;)

Mid-O 2019 is going to be epic.

giphy.gif

∆ Looks like me on a good day. ∆

You can get some fairly powerful horizontal Honda clones now. What are the stock engine mounts for?

Just bought a gy6 motor and rear assembly , w/ reverse.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Attachments

• IMG_1339.JPG
    IMG_1339.JPG
    2.4 MB · Views: 405
JustinLonghorn said:
I expect this to be installed and running by the end of the week.

Ha! Without a carb, that may be difficult. Soon. Very soon.

Back
Top Bottom