1972 CB250 Brat Tracker FINISHED!

Re: 1972 CB250 Brat Tracker

Very pretty!! You should hand paint the Honda badge with black around the letters (which I think is how it was from the factory) to make it pop!

Congratulations - looks very nice.

nice work in every discipline! i would ride it as she is but there is just a little tiny thing i would do.. bend that headlight a bit more down so this beauty looks straight on the street

Thanks guys. I'm stoked.

Blueslip was only $30 or so, but then there is greenslip, rego and insurance on top of that.
About $400 all up including 1 month payment of insurance.

I have thought about painting the badges, just haven't gotten around to it yet.

I'm annoyed I didn't notice the headlight angle before the shoot! I was tidying up the wiring in the headlight and got caught up in the rush to get it to the shoot on time.

I love the mufflers you have on this bike. Where did you find those? And what is the inlet diameter? I would love to throw a set of those on my CB200T. Cheers.

Many of you may have already seen this but I am so happy to see it featured on Return of the Cafe Racers.
http://www.returnofthecaferacers.com/2013/05/honda-cb250-brat-tracker.html

Awesome build. Great taste in everything you did. I think the seat looks much better slim as you did it, and the turn signal / tail light combo go great together. Good job!

elduderino, the battery is a tiny 4-cell Ballistic one tucked in the battery box under the seat.

That is what I figured. Have you had any issues with the tiny battery to date or all is well? Throw a picture up if you ever get time, and again, your bike looks great! Thanks

It does struggle with the electric start, but it holds charge when cruising.
I actually don't have any pics of it mounted sorry, and the bike is already on it's way to her new owner.

Ahh ok, no worries. Thanks for the info. I have a kick start only bike, so I wouldn't need the starting power. I'll do some more research.

Beautiful work!

Just a couple of questions... What type of battery did you use and how did you conceal it? Also in AUS are we required to have front fenders?

Qawls,

There is a 4cell ballistic battery tucked away in a battery box under the seat.
In Aus, we are required to have a front fender that covers minimum 90 degrees from vertically inline with the front axle to the rear of the tire.
All you need to know is here... http://www.infrastructure.gov.au/roads/vehicle_regulation/bulletin/pdf/NCOP8_Section_LL_Motor-Cycles_and_3WheelVehicles_01Jan2011_v2.pdf

Back
Top Bottom