1972 DS7 The Row Boat

Clem how does it feel riding it?i thinking about something similar,but i dont know if this mod would be a big advantage to the stock configuration...
It looks the bees knees man...killer!

Ryan, the bike was so bad that I never rode the stock setup. Our roads are pretty rough here and it handles them pretty well now. It turns well and handles a straight line at 80mph great also. I only have about 300 miles on the bike so far. It seems like when I do get the chance to ride it's raining. The time change here sucks too. When I leave in the morning it's dark and when I get home it's dark so it's only weekends. I do need to set the rear sag on it and the oil height in the front. When the springtime comes I plan on working that out. I may start another thread for the suspension setup on the site.

clem said:
When I readjusted the bell crank, the shock was lowered from the first position. With that, it put the shock closer to 90 deg. to the upper mount. That was when I decided to extend the upper mount similar to an RZ350 frame as Teaser suggested.

Once again thanks. One more question what did you use (thickness, type of metal, shape) to crest your upper mount. Thanks again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I used 1 x 1.5" tubular if I recall. I could measure it for you but I'm stuck in a hotel waiting for a blizzard to pass so we can get to New Mexico.

clem said:
I used 1 x 1.5" tubular if I recall. I could measure it for you but I'm stuck in a hotel waiting for a blizzard to pass so we can get to New Mexico.

Ha ha. I'm in Albuquerque trying to find a place open for breakfast.

clem said:

No worries that is perfect. Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

clem said:

And I already live in New Mexico, in said blizzard, having breakfast.

6ec097e7ad4164cab7a3c0850aa58ba9.jpg

Central Grille is serving chicken fried steak.

Mr. Canyon K Carver is a very good dude. Sketchy....riding a chopper and a KZ yeah that's sketchy. Lol

Lol best of both worlds but seriously, you guys are ruining my jerk reputation.

You gotta see Clem's bike in person, it's a beauty.

I've gotta say, Clem, that is one FANTASTIC transformation.

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE take a photo at the same angle as the original "before" photo, as close to straight side-on as possible, and frame it as close to the edges of the photo as you can without cropping the tires.

No, I'm not going to download it and post it everywhere.

What I'd like to do is download it, and the original "before" photo, then graft them together over/under for a composite photo like this one...

329067400.jpg

I've owned 6 or 7 RDs, mostly 400s, and a '68 YDS3 (the grandaddy of the R bikes); now down to just one 400, and I passed it down to my oldest son. Gotta love em!

Well 4 years into this and I'm still changing things. I made a new seat cowl out of an old RD350 tank, Nick aka AdventureCo came up with decals for it. I threw on a set of RD350 cylinders after they were ported, Keihin PWK 28's, digital speedo/tach from Koso and an aluminium front fender from Jadus. I'm pretty stoked at how it sits so far but I'm thinking that a set of Tarozzi rear sets would finish it off. Is a project ever really finished???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Attachments

• 20170831_125614.jpg
    20170831_125614.jpg
    118.2 KB · Views: 239

Attachments

• 20170831_125415.jpg
    20170831_125415.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 229
  • 20170831_125323.jpg
    20170831_125323.jpg
    93 KB · Views: 225
  • 20170831_125350.jpg
    20170831_125350.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 233
  • 20170831_125400.jpg
    20170831_125400.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 237
Thanks brother, mighty kind of you. I had to update this to give props to a few more people on this site that helped me out. Did I mention that Hurco is a great machinist too?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using DO THE TON mobile app

Back
Top Bottom