WTB cb550 cut frame pieces

hillsy said:
Pretty unlikely - any hipster who's going to hack those bits off is going to throw them straight in the bin.

Do you have the seat and fender you want to fit? It's not that hard to weld some tubing on (or even a hoop) to mount your fender to.
Yeah I might have to weld something up, youre right it shouldn't be bad, but I also hope it would look right. I still have to buy a seat and fender, either on here or ebay.

I'm the hipster that didn't throw them out :) was keeping them for the same reasons. They are off a 74 cb550, both frame ends and the brace.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bergers said:
Yeah I might have to weld something up, youre right it shouldn't be bad, but I also hope it would look right. I still have to buy a seat and fender, either on here or ebay.
i have a hacksaw sharp blades and a donor bike where do youi want the cuts ?
my thought is a few inches behind the rear tank mount and as far down the seat stay as i can go the shipping wont be any more to speak of
just pay shippng and my time,value so $25 for the time git r done

xb33bsa said:
i have a hacksaw sharp blades and a donor bike where do youi want the cuts ?
my thought is a few inches behind the rear tank mount and as far down the seat stay as i can go the shipping wont be any more to speak of
just pay shippng and my time,value so $25 for the time git r done
I would definitely be cool with that, PMed!

i need to finish parting that turd out anyway so it was the ass kick i needed its in the landlords woodshed ,only a huderd yards yonder,where the skunks and cats fuck, next to it is a xt550 been wrecked so hard i say a prayer ever time i look at it :-\

i didnt forget i was over there saturday just before dark my hacksaw idea was an utter failure :-\ :-X :-[
and i should have known, but no way to make the bike rock solid equals zero efficiency with hacksaw
its coming over on my trailer and the disc cutoff wheel will save me ruinng any good 6 dollar hacksaw blades
pitchurs for proof ill have total late today gimme yer addrress please
that there xt550 yamaha i cross myself and say a little prayer ever time i lay eyes on it :'(

Attachments

• 550 cat shed say a prayer 001.JPG
    550 cat shed say a prayer 001.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 287
  • 550 cat shed say a prayer 004.JPG
    550 cat shed say a prayer 004.JPG
    950.4 KB · Views: 247
  • 550 cat shed say a prayer 012.JPG
    550 cat shed say a prayer 012.JPG
    467.2 KB · Views: 211
XT with a digger supertrap haha I want the motor and frame.. it looks like it was running good when it got put up haha :eek:

it came from garcia's gold mine the fram is no so happy like a pretzel, front rim is a pretzel, spoke fllnges exploded forks broke, sat with plug out in rain for years i maybe salvage head and crankshft it was running fine till the scene of the carnage
disc cutoff will see use geting the motor liberated cltch is already gone but it has a few money makers on it
twin crabs cdi head maybe if seats still viable

Attachments

• 550 cat shed say a prayer 006.JPG
    550 cat shed say a prayer 006.JPG
    954.3 KB · Views: 241
any chance the rear mud guard has salvageable bolts in it? or if you copuld tell me the size they are so I can just pick em up from HD...the plastic rear mudguard

I agree. Even if you're making a cafe, why MUST you cut this area?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

a guy on the swapmeet is importing replica pursang side cover screws the ticket for a vintage factory racer look and priced super reasonable,in black or zinc m6x25 i think but the head is like 20mm or 25mm diameter just slightly round crowned about a billiard ball curvature,and one straight screwdriver slot

its a nice section of frame rust free and straight as a die

Attachments

• 034.JPG
    034.JPG
    390.3 KB · Views: 211
  • 038.JPG
    038.JPG
    381.7 KB · Views: 220
  • 039.JPG
    039.JPG
    381 KB · Views: 204
Kinda ironic that another frame gets the rear chopped off it to save a frame from having the rear chopped off it...... :eek:

Back
Top Bottom