hydrolic lifters question

miffa

am i right in thinking these will bleed there selfs or should i get as much oil in them via removing the piston and using welding wire open the one way valve and pumping them submerged in a oil bath ,was going to change to solid lifters but they are to noisy and although the will work on the original cam ive heard ideally the cam should be changed to a high lift ,not looking to get any extra HP its only a 1340 shovelhead
cheers

No need to prime hydraulic lifters. They may slap at first until things prime, but nothing to worry about. I've been taught that priming them can actually make them act like solid lifters. Not sure of the truth in that part.

irk miller said:
No need to prime hydraulic lifters. They may slap at first until things prime, but nothing to worry about. I've been taught that priming them can actually make them act like solid lifters. Not sure of the truth in that part.

cheers irk ....on the advice of others i pre filled them ,they rattled like mad ,re did them this morning following your advice drained them by depressing the one way valve refitted and set them after about a minute or so they had filled up and the rattling stopped ...so spot on advice there irk ...your da man cheers

Back
Top Bottom