Another KZ400???

Ya you may not need to. In fact I am running rich now and am planning on going back to stock on the main and pilot.

See how it works.

alright dudes, here's some more pics, i haven't done much but thought i'd throw up pics of the progress so far. I'm planning to be riding it very soon.

I got the headlight, bars, chain, levers, electronics box, made a new brake rod and stay, and went through the carbs. I also upholstered the seat, definitely not as "perfect" as i wanted but it's my first time upholstering anything so i was decently happy with it, plus it basically only cost me $20 (materials) as compared to $150+ for a shop to do it. Also, i've decided that im not going to run this tank, I dont want that much filler in the tank. Swapmeet Louie had a cool Suzuki TS 185 tank that looks awesome on it so i will be running that.
anyways here's some pics (with old tank)
5748189766_e0a23d7359_b.jpg

5747644873_55624e6f50_z.jpg

5747653699_f4322c84d3_b.jpg

5747651525_5f159ab35f_b.jpg

Cool, looks alright to me. Where is old Swaps anyway, things are more sedate here without him around. I hear he is busy, hope all is well.

He actually just left last night to deliver a bike he just built for some guy down in california. I'm kinda watchin the pets while they're gone so we brought my bike over to his place so i could finish it up while they're gone. Should be riding it very soon now.

So this is the tank im thinking of running, I'm gonna modify the rear tunnel deeper so it sits even but what do you guys think? I personally love it

5819125601_58a7b4c81b_z.jpg

5819686250_496d4c1d71_z.jpg

5819685614_dca0e49485_z.jpg

Nice job on the seat! I might have to give something like that a try.
The tank is wicked too!

Bike looks cool. Have you noticed the steering is really quick with the forktubes so high in the tree?

Ya. The tank looks awesome on it... As well as the seat. This thing is going to be a beauty when she's done.

I think if you make that seat a single piece without that puffy massive seam in the back AND run that tank, you'll have one of the coolest bikes on this forum. Well done!

--Chris

Back
Top Bottom