Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

stroker crazy said:
If only it were true!

A digital dream from the boys at speedjunkies:

Very nice concept. That would've been the 4'th phase for the 'Mongrel' Project if I was going to keep it. New inverted forks, 17' wheels front and back. 8) It wouldn't be terribly hard to replicate. :D

Too bad I can't handle clip-ons any more. :-\ Sux to get old boys. :p

This:

Attachments

• rad!.jpg
    rad!.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 203
This was posted over at Care to share a little inspiration? by Scooter trash.

Can anyone tell me the source of the motor? I have no knowledge of Honda strokers.

Attachments

• Honda.jpg
    Honda.jpg
    6 MB · Views: 210
Yeah that's a cr. My buddy had a street legal one. IMO not fun on the street. After a mile or two your hands feel like you've been playing the electrocution game are the arcade.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At the Rusty Gold Motor Shop 1st anniversary:

Attachments

• Rusty Gold 1.jpg
    Rusty Gold 1.jpg
    742.5 KB · Views: 178
  • Rusty Gold 2.jpg
    Rusty Gold 2.jpg
    565.8 KB · Views: 183
Those smokers really make me wish I were a short(R) skinny guy not 6'2" 280... I can get in shape but will never fit a small frame bike like that. Time to build a custom (big dude) smoker?

Tune-A-Fish© said:
Those smokers really make me wish I were a short(R) skinny guy not 6'2" 280... I can get in shape but will never fit a small frame bike like that. Time to build a custom (big dude) smoker?
Nah, I'm 6 ft 240 ish and ride around on a gt250. Fun in its own kind of way lol

" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Tune-A-Fish said:

I am with you. At 6 foot 2 and 220 pounds I didn't fit my RD350. Hope the GT750 I have in pieces will fit better (when I finally get it build).

Or just buy the Dunstall GT750 that I have almost finished. It runs and sounds amazing and now to fix up the niggling things like tidying up the wiring (again) and fixing the slow leak from the refurbished water pump - it's fixed now with another new mechanical seal.

Gt750 is a big bike and relatively easy to improve and reduce weight and add HP to.

teazer said:
Or just buy the Dunstall GT750 that I have almost finished. It runs and sounds amazing and now to fix up the niggling things like tidying up the wiring (again) and fixing the slow leak from the refurbished water pump - it's fixed now with another new mechanical seal.

Gt750 is a big bike and relatively easy to improve and reduce weight and add HP to.

I would love to own that Teaser!

I prefer to have an air cooled motor, if I were a machinist (genius) I would design build a V-4 with two sets of GT550 heads in a FZ600 delta box frame all covered in plastic, an endurance saddle with an extra deep foam hidden by plastic, Dunstal upper and lower with double FZ rounds... Ossa Copa tail with clear brake light lens, I'm cheap so likely use off the shelf Showa stuff and have racetech set it all up. I would make "room" by designing a triple tree that adds an inch out front, lower the pegs an inch and run 18-18's with Michelin pilots. it would take some trial and error to get it setup right but it would pull me around :eek:

OSSA!

cafe-racer-dreams.jpg

teazer said:

I would love to do that. But as it is I can't hardly afford to build the one I have much less buy one as awesome as yours sounds. I my goal is get the weight down and the HP to around 90-100 when I am done. Got to finish the cheap redo I am doing on the running bike I have now and then will use that cash to start the GT. Thanks for the offer though.

Tune: That's an awesome looking Ossa. I ran an SDR (Six Day Replica) for a while and it was a lot of fun. My preference is small bikes. I'm not as tall as you so large bikes are more work to ride and just to move around.

Ply, 90 - 100 rear wheel HP needs a spacer plate and a lot of porting including making the transfers wider. At that level, the chassis is just a big heavy noodle and needs help. Forks are too skinny, swingarm is too short and too heavy and not stiff enough. You can fit Mikes XS emulators and SV650 calipers and modern disks and that makes the front end respectable. Get a GS750/100/1100 swingarm to lighten and stiffen the rear end.

Or slip it into an FZR1000 frame with engine cradle cut from the stock frame. That way you can go straight to modern (lighter/stiffer) suspension and wheels. An early FZR frame is really heavy compared to the latest frames, but so much stiffer than a stocker.

I have two mono shock GT projects in the shop that keep getting pushed further back as others take precedence. That's a good way to go too, but GSXR forks are short and if you aren't careful the steering geometry will easily get to be unstable.

More Ossa goodness, love this frame design.

OSSA 250 Monocoque
47e738171ba57a2a74062652a1e552d7.jpg

Rotary valve side draft yummyness not a performer but cool kit.
OSSA_250cc_Monohull_1968_Santi_Herrero_engine.JPG

teazer said:
Tune: That's an awesome looking Ossa. I ran an SDR (Six Day Replica) for a while and it was a lot of fun. My preference is small bikes. I'm not as tall as you so large bikes are more work to ride and just to move around.

Ply, 90 - 100 rear wheel HP needs a spacer plate and a lot of porting including making the transfers wider. At that level, the chassis is just a big heavy noodle and needs help. Forks are too skinny, swingarm is too short and too heavy and not stiff enough. You can fit Mikes XS emulators and SV650 calipers and modern disks and that makes the front end respectable. Get a GS750/100/1100 swingarm to lighten and stiffen the rear end.

Or slip it into an FZR1000 frame with engine cradle cut from the stock frame. That way you can go straight to modern (lighter/stiffer) suspension and wheels. An early FZR frame is really heavy compared to the latest frames, but so much stiffer than a stocker.

I have two mono shock GT projects in the shop that keep getting pushed further back as others take precedence. That's a good way to go too, but GSXR forks are short and if you aren't careful the steering geometry will easily get to be unstable.

Got the GS1100 swing arm and the modern forks from a Kawasaki ZX7R. Going incognito to run a modern set of wheels and brakes. I plan on getting the lift plate and the porting done professionally along with a new bore and Pistons since the current bore is shot. Is there any work that can be done with the head? Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom