Blue Haze - a two-stroke miscellany

teazer said:
Or just buy the Dunstall GT750 that I have almost finished. It runs and sounds amazing and now to fix up the niggling things like tidying up the wiring (again) and fixing the slow leak from the refurbished water pump - it's fixed now with another new mechanical seal.

Gt750 is a big bike and relatively easy to improve and reduce weight and add HP to.

Do you have a thread on the Dunstall GT750 or pics of it.

'Taco time!

from Progress is fine

Attachments

• 'Taco time!.JPG
    'Taco time!.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 218
Ply318ci said:
Got the GS1100 swing arm and the modern forks from a Kawasaki ZX7R. Going incognito to run a modern set of wheels and brakes. I plan on getting the lift plate and the porting done professionally along with a new bore and Pistons since the current bore is shot. Is there any work that can be done with the head? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good question. The first thing to know about a GT750 head is that the bores and combustion chambers don't always match well. Heads can be 3mm or more offset to one side or the other. They are also an open or Quiescent design - no squish band at all. So they need to be modified to match the barrel being used. You can weld up the chambers and re-machine from scratch or have the head machined to take inserts (domes). Look at a Banshee Cool Head for ideas.

For a moderate state of tune, you can simply machine the block to get zero deck height and use a thinner head gasket from Cometic and machine 1mm or more off the head to raise compression. Mine is done that way and is in very milf tune and runs less advance that stock to play safe.

Tune-A-Fish© said:
I want to say that's a Metzler Laser tire set, but are they that old or am I lol

Both. :)

I still have a pair of ME33 Laser Comp Ks on my RZ that I fitted , oh shall we say, more than a few years ago.

teazer said:
Good question. The first thing to know about a GT750 head is that the bores and combustion chambers don't always match well. Heads can be 3mm or more offset to one side or the other. They are also an open or Quiescent design - no squish band at all. So they need to be modified to match the barrel being used. You can weld up the chambers and re-machine from scratch or have the head machined to take inserts (domes). Look at a Banshee Cool Head for ideas.

For a moderate state of tune, you can simply machine the block to get zero deck height and use a thinner head gasket from Cometic and machine 1mm or more off the head to raise compression. Mine is done that way and is in very milf tune and runs less advance that stock to play safe.

Good info thanks. I will take that into account once I get back to building this thing. Thanks again.

Happy now crazy?

Attachments

• 20161109_222538.jpg
    20161109_222538.jpg
    932.9 KB · Views: 217
  • 20161109_222456.jpg
    20161109_222456.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 221
" data-source="" class="bbCodeBlock bbCodeBlock--expandable bbCodeBlock--quote js-expandWatch">
Tune-A-Fish said:
Those smokers really make me wish I were a short(R) skinny guy not 6'2" 280... I can get in shape but will never fit a small frame bike like that. Time to build a custom (big dude) smoker?

I dare you to chain two cr500 engines together somehow.

Know the signs of pre-ignition and detonation before its too late. If the motor doesn't seem happy it'll let you know one way or another. A $3 colder heat range spark plug turned into a $300 top end.

Back
Top Bottom