So you bought a CM400 / CB400T, now what...(50+ Build Links!)

Re: So you bought a CM400 / CB400T, now what...

Frankenfe said:
Silverstone, Is there a build thread on the CB400? I would really like to see more photos and details. In particlar would like to see how he handled the frame from the loop back, the Mono Shock and Seat Support.

******I found Phil's Website, Not much there on the bike so I emailed him.

Unfortunately no, Phil just kind of gets ahold of something, goes OCD for a couple of weeks, and something like that comes out of it. AFAIK he doesnt really take alot of process pics, but I can ask next time I run into him. I also don't know if he has been working on it since Autorama.

Thanks for putting this list together for us. It's a good reference. Since us lowly CB/CM owners don't have much to work with it helps to spur the imagination. My post is the CM400 resurection. I got a bit held up on the seat and have been really busy lately, but I will get back to it soon. Hopefully by the end of the year it will be done. Now that I'm on a "list", I feel obligated to get it done as soon as possible. :-[

tsbigdog said:
Thanks for putting this list together for us. It's a good reference. Since us lowly CB/CM owners don't have much to work with it helps to spur the imagination. My post is the CM400 resurection. I got a bit held up on the seat and have been really busy lately, but I will get back to it soon. Hopefully by the end of the year it will be done. Now that I'm on a "list", I feel obligated to get it done as soon as possible. :-[

tsbigbog, Exactly the response I was hoping for, as the outcast "Loopies" I wanted to band us together and keep us motivated (Acountable). It got me to post up some new pics and finish tear down on my bike.

I have been inspired by Phil Davies Retro/Mod and the '08 GSXR Front End Swap by Alchemist. I almost want to build another one already......
*frame Mono Shocked & Modded in the back like Phil Davies with a Modern GSXR or CBR Front End.
*Adapted Modern Sport Aluminum Swing Arm w Reinforced Mounts
*Exhaust Bent and Run through back of frame exiting high Center Side by Side

oh to dream...

Here is an Interesting direction..... CB400T Electric! Link is at end of Main List Page 1 as "Pierre Audette CB400 Electric"

1270a.jpg

To each thier Own......

000000963.jpg

6731.jpg

It's all about the attitude on these two........anybody know about these?
CB400TProject068CCLarge.jpg

3805868291_43e9d73d8a.jpg

Just For Fun

hondakissmobile-1.jpg

CM400brochure1-1.jpg

cutawayblack-1.jpg

It's nice to see others coming out of the woodwork admitting their purchases of the CB400T series! LOL I'll post my thread up on the repairs/cleanup of the '78 CB400TII I just purchased. I'm going the fix it up route for now so I can ride a bike this summer. Over the winter plan on going deeper into the replacement and polishing of parts.

I have my 79 CM400T and the 80 CB400 Hawk - Not sure I want to mess with modifying either one, but this thread is getting the juices going!

Frankenfe said:
It's all about the attitude on these two........anybody know about these?
CB400TProject068CCLarge.jpg

Now that is an interesting way to make a seat for these frames, wish I did know whose that was.

I just finished putting together my ghetto 2-1 exhaust and I thought you guys might like to know that my 400 loves the supertrapp that I'm running with emgo pods. Details to come.

Can someone please tell me what ignition coil is compatible with these bikes? This is my next step and I haven't been able to find enough information on the matter.

yayuppp said:
Can someone please tell me what ignition coil is compatible with these bikes? This is my next step and I haven't been able to find enough information on the matter.

Is there a reason you are not happy replacing with an original / stock one?

Well, I don't want a used one. And the cheapest new one is $90. I guess I'll have to bite the bullet and snag it.

$90 seems fairly reasonable for a new coil...am I crazy?

Also, here's a kinda crappy pic of mine. By the way, the seat is just something that was sitting around...not really a great fit but works for now.
IMG_0209.jpg

yayuppp, I think I would use the $90 towards a cheap un-titled parts bike.

bbelka, welcome to the group. Start a build thread and let me know about it.

Will do. I'm terrible about taking pics but we'll see what I can come up with.

yayuppp said:
Will a 78 400A ignition coil work on mine?

It might, go to bike bandit and check the part #'s if they are the same, yep!

Back
Top Bottom