Top Ten Boneheaded Novice Builder Mistakes

mark13018 said:
I try to avoid saying I know it all or am a master of anything, other than baiting. :eek: ... You may know a lot but rarely know it all.

People who think they know it all really annoy the fuck out of those of us who really do... :eek:

as long as there are stoplight on this planet jap bikes will always win

bradj said:
as long as there are stoplight on this planet jap bikes will always win
agreed, my bsa is slo but a hoot
although i always stay in range of a cellphone tower with it

Measuring stuff is hard. So I ordered the wrong size Clip ons. Can I shim them?

Yes you can shim them, cause handlebars aren't really all that important.

The #12 and #13 addendums ring true with me. I autocross with the SCCA and every year I see noobs show up with slammed suspensions with almost no travel. Once your suspension runs out of travels, your spring rate goes (effectively) to infinity. Stiffer is not always better and lower is not always better. This is true of bikes as well.

Another factor to consider is suspension geometry. Swapping from the factory twin shocks to a mono shock may look cool and can provide handling advantages, but if the suspension geometry is poor, the bike will handle poorly.

As Clint Eastwood said in Magnum Force: A man's got to know his limitations.

Guilty of some,but its only lazyness and stupidity, i promise ::) :-X

"1. Ask for expert advice from more experienced bike builders, then argue with them when they give you good answers that you may not like."

Hate to say it.....but this is one of the main reason I barely participate in these forums anymore.

Thanks for the top ten list.......its sooo true and had me lmao!

ummm , yeah

Attachments

• 638c5f25-9f5d-45f0-a555-0de556c413b0_1000.jpg
    638c5f25-9f5d-45f0-a555-0de556c413b0_1000.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 216
When I "detabbed" my GX450 frame, I saved the tabs, and re-used them for my new electrics chassis.

kopcicle said:
anything to do with these guys and specifically the solid , welded upper shock mount . Not the mention the , never mind , if you don't get it no amount of beating you senseless wit ha nine pound hammer will get it through your skull .

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=36200.msg391694#msg391694

It's a motorcycle or an art project . Make up your mind it can rarely be both .

~kop

Actually what the fuck! They have welded the upper shock mount and is only running a rear brake?????

But atleast they have cool clothes guys...right....right?!

Back
Top Bottom