Things that make you go Hmmm.

Tune-A-Fish

BOTM LOSER Proudly Deplorable
You know, I use a Zune 4 gig in my shop because it has a digital FM tuner, today I see the "APP" folks are struglin to make an "APP" that can tune in FM do you think it's cause its FREE and uses no DATA? Hmmm "App" "Apple" Zune:

Not such a stupid music machine after all

71RmWyXts2S._SY355_.jpg

I believe that stands for application. I use a 160 gig classic and have for 6 years. So much storage and so much free music to be had, I'll never need another thing (maybe a battery or display replacement in the far future). I support local but the shit that's "blown up" at any point and made loads of cash, I don't go through the hassle.

Judge me.

Radio is okay for daytime, but the neighbors may not like my choice of music at 1 am so I can pop the zune in my pocket and bud up.

Yeah, I know... App-lick-nation (satire) it's just ironic to me i guess. The little Z is also the perfect scooter unit for radio and micro sized trip tunes... just sayin.

Well this was meant for you too add things that make you say/think "Hmmm"

Ha. I'm just messing around. Augusta radio generally sucks. I have a stereo that I run cd's through or my laptop and iTunes. I love to collect the music, so radio has rarely been a thing.

My radio and other music system for when shop tunes get to a more serious level
https://www.youtube.com/user/CaitlinTarverCello

Attachments

• IMG_20150507_200248491.jpg
    IMG_20150507_200248491.jpg
    4.7 MB · Views: 195
Dude,
Get with the program. This is the center of capitalism - the fastest way to redistribute cash from the unwashed masses to those who deserve it.

The old model was buy something and keep enjoying it for years. The New Way is to own nothing, but keep paying for it.

Now where's an emoji when you need one?

Deviant,

That's problematic at so many levels. besides, how are we to discern whether you are an old school dude who loves the relative purity and completeness of analogue music or if you are just a hipster who talks about things like that? What an enigmatic conundrum. :)

Whereas I'm trans generational - you like that? I just made it up. i.e. I cross generations - and anyone else that gets in my way. LOL.

teazer said:
Dude,
Get with the program. This is the center of capitalism - the fastest way to redistribute cash from the unwashed masses to those who deserve it.

The old model was buy something and keep enjoying it for years. The New Way is to own nothing, but keep paying for it.

Now where's an emoji when you need one?

The TX1200 first gen tablet is still mint...most of those caught on fire ??? (moji) what can I say, I like to keep my stuff around a while. 70's Hot Wheels!!

Haha, no mayne + equal parts digital albums and cds, even some cassettes and 8 tracks. I've been associated with the music biz since the early nineties and a collector my whole life. A group of friends literally swap terabyte external hard drives whenever we get together. It's only digital or cd's in the shop or garage. I run all the digital through my phone or laptop. It's all synced.

TJGM said:
What's in there ? ( roughly of course )
~T
A little of everything, honestly. The stuff I have the most of is punk, rock, prog and jazz. There's a fair amount of hip hop and electronic too, even classic country and dub/reggae.

I like to be Trans-generational as well. Mixing old with new.
This just went into the shop yesterday evening...

(stock photo)
91daR-cwbTL._SX466_.jpg

I did this with it...
IMG_6297_zps226aa27e.jpg

Unscrewed the top in order to avoid cutting anything to install it.
IMG_6298_zpsa4ad124a.jpg

I got the shelf unit on discount because it had a scratch on the display screen. Didn't bother me because I was hiding it anyway.
Now I have FM stereo (mostly for local football games), Bluetooth connectivity (for my Ipod), and audio inputs for better sound from the (eventual) TV.
All inside a spiffy vintage Philco cabinet ;D
I also plan to put some faux knobs, and a faux dial on the front to clean up the holes ;)

A better "pod" Big fan of UNI and it looks like some research work went into it... anybody tried these: yet

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Uni-filter-Cafe-Pod-Air-Filter-39mm-Honda-Racing-CB750-CB750K-1969-1976-/331352570975?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_2&hash=item4d2626fc5f&vxp=mtr

Back
Top Bottom