Project peer pressure ADV danger bike!

this has come together real fast over the last week or two.. looking great.. real little zinger.

deviant said:
We'll be right behind you, and our trucks will be at home. Seriously though, dirt bikes at Thaw. :D
When they break on the trails you'll wish you had a truck to get you home haha. In all seriousness though, these bikes are super awesome but will be beyond a handful on singletrack due to gearing and weight. They'll be awesome on side by side/quad trails and fire roads. And get some bark busters! Your hands and wrists will thank you.

Last year Andrew learnt about a dirt park near by at the thaw. We need to find out where it is and maybe get the bikes there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This bike was never designed as an MX track bike. It is designed as a back roads camping machine that can handle some of the rough stuff when I want it to. There is a trade off with a dirt bike and it's lack of weight and that is the inability to ride anywhere on the road whether it is due to the tiny high strung motor, or the severe lack of comfort. I don't want a "dirt bike", I want a do it all enduro that can take me anywhere I want with everything I need strapped to it and cruising the two lanes as well as the trails. There are two spectrums, you have the gargantuan "ADV bikes" like the 1200GS, and then you have the mini trail burners like the CRs and KFZs, and then the true enduros like DR650s and DRZs. I am shooting for the latter.

In short, you guys have fun with your trailers

I think most of us agree with that 100%. I've had pretty much every spectrum of bikes from dual sport, Harley's, sport, cafe, standard, full dirt. So making a bike as versatile as possible is always my main goal. How many uses can I get out of whatever bike I have essentially. Doing another light dual sport/enduro is high on my list right now. My problem is that more often than not I force more focus on performance than function so for me another ideal ds would be another drz400s. Semi light, good cruise speed and a strong proven frame that allows good on and off road handling. The problem with me building a bike like that it that any riding where I could truly get use is so far away that the "want" drops the bike on the list. Needless to say I'm pretty jealous of the riding areas you guys have. We are 3hrs away from anything worth while.

Kanticoy said:
This bike was never designed as an MX track bike. It is designed as a back roads camping machine that can handle some of the rough stuff when I want it to. More than likely it will just take me to starbucks though, and maybe to go get a #manicure

worthy goal.

CCRider said:
I promise I'll behave myself.

So cool Kiley. My little 250 is so jealous.

Thanks Chris! You had a part in making this happen. I love that 250.

Today I spent most of the day at Jared's house tinkering in his garage, but....I had time to make my new side covers and install them. Makes the bike to me!

8c4d5330285b49e024b07c8837ae8d60.jpg

7c92f41272742a28795fcdfb2c994845.jpg

89ade67cf749f4eae3a3e6f8299e0de9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

JustinLonghorn said:
Good to go?

Bunch of tidbits left to iron out. Waiting on the muffler to finish the exhaust, have to fab the airbox, have to wire it all together, then bleed brakes and a chain. The last 20% kinda stuff.

Sent from my iPhone using DO THE TON

Kanticoy said:
Bunch of tidbits left to iron out. Waiting on the muffler to finish the exhaust, have to fan the airbox, have to wire it all together, then bleed brakes and a chain. The last 20% kinda stuff.

and takes 80% of the time spent. Lookin great!

Back
Top Bottom