NEW MEMBERS - Read this - I'm sorry, but c'mon people.

Re: I'm sorry, but c'mon people.

Fix said:
Half an apehanger on the left, clip-on on the right. For cornering!

if you look thru (very) old copies of Back Street Heroes (english custom bike mag) the original editor (steve myatt???) turned his old cafe racer into a chopper after seeing the film Easyrider, he did so by putting apehangers on but couldn't get an extended front brake cable so he left the RH clip-on with the brake attached and just put the throttle and clutch on the apes, emergency stops were fun apparently...........

Yinz, you never fail to impress. Well spoken, even if it is sad that we all need a reminder from time to time. This really is a life boat, isn't it?

MILKY said:
bravo.. i would like to quote you on my facebook profile.. do i have your permission?

https://www.facebook.com/Garage.Artists.MC

Sure man.

Good read as always Mike. Glad your on the life boat with the rest of us.

Wahoo650 said:
Yinz, you never fail to impress. Well spoken, even if it is sad that we all need a reminder from time to time. This really is a life boat, isn't it?

OH fuck ....... that'd be Women and children first ??????????????

I am guaranteed to fuck shit up every single time I work on my bike. guaranteed. I burned through every tube I was tigging last night. Good thing for flap discs and angle grinders. nobody sees those pictures on my build thread.

Good post! Part of the art is fixing the mistakes. Just to add -- fear prevents success.

I been doin this shit for over 40 years, and I still listen and learn.

Have to say spot on mike ! Think my story is the same as everyones ! When i first got here i knew bikes but didnt know building bikes . So im sure i asked ALOT of dumb things and didnt always get what i was being told but still tried to figure it out . So after trying this or that and asking this or that i slowly figured things out i thought . There are things i would do diff now but thats because i took the time to lisen and learn from people here and other places.
Anyone that asks me about my bike i always tell them it was build not just by me but by people that knew things i didnt and if it wasnt for them i wouldnt be where im at and learned the things i have . I truly believe this when i say it and thats " No one was born with the knowlege they learned it someplace " And " If you say you can't you wont - If you say you can you will " Believe in yourself !!!
Now if we can just get Von to like Red bikes ;)

You mean now if we can get Von to keep a bike longer than 30 seconds.....HA!

Maritime said:
You mean now if we can get Von to keep a bike longer than 30 seconds.....HA!
i tried drawing shit all over two of them it didnt help

I'm sorry, but c'mon people.

All I know for sure is that I don't know much about bikes.

OJ said:
All I know for sure is that I don't know much about bikes.
Well its a start and you can only go up from there ;D

mike, just want to say, that was the best rant ever. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom