V2.0

cafechris

Been Around the Block
So here we are with nice weather approaching and the CB is getting closer to getting back on the road. Last July, I was on my way home from a buddy's house and a lady decides she should alter my route by pulling out in front of me. So I bounced the bike off a curb and I have been rebuilding it since September, when I was healed enough to turn a wrench. I am about 80% complete (who am I kidding, they are never done!). Here are some before and after pics:

Attachments

• gauges before.jpg
    gauges before.jpg
    531.4 KB · Views: 389
  • headlight after.jpg
    headlight after.jpg
    873 KB · Views: 387
  • rear loop2.jpg
    rear loop2.jpg
    1,000 KB · Views: 392
  • rear loop.jpg
    rear loop.jpg
    929.4 KB · Views: 373
  • seat.jpg
    seat.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 355
  • handlebars and levers after.jpg
    handlebars and levers after.jpg
    846.8 KB · Views: 385
  • number plate.jpg
    number plate.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 371
  • number plate old gauges.jpg
    number plate old gauges.jpg
    925.3 KB · Views: 372
  • shock after.jpg
    shock after.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 352
  • shock bolt before.jpg
    shock bolt before.jpg
    468.4 KB · Views: 400
  • shock before.jpg
    shock before.jpg
    471.6 KB · Views: 386
  • gauges after.jpg
    gauges after.jpg
    865.8 KB · Views: 379
  • shock after.jpg
    shock after.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 366
Number plate brackets fabricated as well as seat brackets.

Attachments

• seat bracket.jpg
    seat bracket.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 350
Number plates

Attachments

• Number plates.jpg
    Number plates.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 352
  • Number plates.jpg
    Number plates.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 355
Tank bead blasted and primered.

Attachments

• tank bottom.jpg
    tank bottom.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 339
  • tank primer.jpg
    tank primer.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 361
that seat is really nice. is that an ebay from china item? or is it custom made. looking forward to seeing more of this.

Thanks AMD! I was out of the county on a business trip I am just now getting home and back working on the bike again. The seat is a modified OEM pan lengthened about 2" (that's why the seat hoop is a bit short!), and leather upholstered with a "Lexus style" gel insert by a local guy that does mostly cars and boats. I should have time this weekend to work on wiring the headlight, had to buy diodes as the new speedo only has one indicator light. I expect the paint (root beer / white pearl by House of Kolor) to be done by beginning of August as well as the powder coating (engine covers and rims for now).
CH

Brown pearly sprayed, this weekend the white!

Attachments

• brown tank.jpg
    brown tank.jpg
    962.5 KB · Views: 364
Glad to hear ya still in one piece :p and ya bike gonna be the same soon 8) them colours gonna look sharp mate 8) look forward to ya updates ;)

yorkie350 said:
Glad to hear ya still in one piece :p and ya bike gonna be the same soon 8) them colours gonna look sharp mate 8) look forward to ya updates ;)
Thanks York! The white will be a blue/green pearl. Not sure on what color to pinstripe though...thinking a lime green and something else. Number plate will have a gold leaf 5.

Front plate with stripes.

Attachments

• front plate 2.jpg
    front plate 2.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 335
  • front plate 1.jpg
    front plate 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 327
sweet paint job mate the sun really makes the brown pop like bronze :p 8) 8)

Thanks madman! I was not too sure about the baby blue / lime green combo for striping as it was reversed at first, green on white and blue in the brown...THEN switched it up and I said FU*&^ yes that is what I'm talking about. Yeah Yorkie, the metal flake in the root beer had a touch of a bronze/gold flake in the mix, so wollah ??? Powder coater is dragging his ass getting my parts done but the rims and engine covers should match the root beer, tying the bike together.

For those that the pinstriping was too plain :eek: Gold leafing side plates is hopefully next weekend.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 308
  • tank and fender.jpg
    tank and fender.jpg
    810.2 KB · Views: 313
Found a similar style online, took to my local fab guy and this is what we came up with for sign stands. He did the fab and powder coating for half the money of the online version, so I basically got one free 8) Silver one is for the car, root beer is for the bike. Should be getting the helmet painted next week and striped to match the bike, along with the stands. Powder coater called back and I should have the parts mid-week.
Here are the stands and a style of the paint job for the helmet.

Attachments

• stands.jpg
    stands.jpg
    716.9 KB · Views: 292
  • helmet style.jpg
    helmet style.jpg
    158.7 KB · Views: 302
Back
Top Bottom