71 CB350 - the Supernaut... is dead... For real. Not BTC dead, really dead...

Also:

Lauren... You are the fucking best!!!! Thank you so much!!!

Rich... You are also the fucking best, just in the dudes only category.

Tonight's my last night of the week, so I'll start working on pulling the motor in the morning. I cut that chain - hope you don't mind! :D

Speaking of which, are you getting a new cam chain? Just while we are in there......

Oh man! That's a big plate of suck. Sorry to hear that news Mike. I still stand by my parts offer if you need any. I'll pitch in what I can.

Sorry to hear it. :'( Excuse me for not going back over the 97 pages of this thread, did you rebuild the motor over the winter? If so, then all the worse I guess. But if not its just an opportunity to build a motor!! ;)

Had a scary moment, I walked into the shop to a big puddle of oil under the 200 yesterday, I thought I was fucked. Turns out the pan I had under the alternator to catch the little bit that drips there when the cover is off was leaking.

ahh man, tear her open see what ya got! may not be that wild of a repair... plus these old motors can use a rebuild!

JRK5892 said:
ahh man, tear her open see what ya got! may not be that wild of a repair... plus these old motors can use a rebuild!

Totally agree with Joe. Just make sure to buy good gaskets and seals (i.e. not the ones from S.C.I.). I bought the cheap ones and I'm paying for it. Bit leaky here and there. I'm hoping a re torque of the bolts will help it out. Plus I may need to replace the cam seals.

Ya guys. I have a new cam chain, a top notch gasket kit and some other goodies on the way. Think were going with the Type1 motor for the win. ;D

In talks now for some some stuff thats going to change the game. Itll be awhile, but when the new incarnation is on the road you folks will be smiling, I gurantee that. New name and everything...

VonYinzer said:
Ya guys. I have a new cam chain, a top notch gasket kit and some other goodies on the way. Think were going with the Type1 motor for the win. ;D

In talks now for some some stuff thats going to change the game. Itll be awhile, but when the new incarnation is on the road you folks will be smiling, I gurantee that. New name and everything...

Glad to see your spirits lifted again man...I knew you would give it the true DTT spirit and wrench her back to life with even more glory than before! Good luck and cheers brother. Let me know if I may be able to help you in any way!

tWistedWheelz said:
Glad to see your spirits lifted again man...I knew you would give it the true DTT spirit and wrench her back to life with even more glory than before! Good luck and cheers brother. Let me know if I may be able to help you in any way!
+1
Yeah man I hated hearing the news but it sounds like you have a good plan!! If I can do anything juat ask. I'm right down the road

Damn dude. You finally killed it. sorry so late with the reply. At least you got another engine. Cant wait to see what you come up with.

Well Mike, I think it will be all the better to get a fresh motor in her, as shitty as the wait to get it all back together will be. I hope you get her all back together. I really like the lines of this bike. It was really cool in person seeing it rip through the fields.

Thanks guys... Its all good. Both incarnations of this bike so far have been what I thought would make me happy, but missed the mark. Both were cool enough I guess... But, not what I should have built in the first place. That said, its time to build MY bike. I tried really hard to make both builds representative of my sense of design style but both missed the mark a bit. Sooo... If youre interested, stay tuned. Something really special is in the works. Ill start a new build thread once Ive collected all the parts. This one got out of hand, again... Ill keep the next one more concise, and primarily photos. Thanks for all your support guys. This is kind of a blessing in disguise though.

Long love the 350!!! Long live Honda!!!

-Mike

Hey Mike, throw a link in here for the new thread so it doesn't get lost in the mix mate.

Back
Top Bottom