1985 Honda Rebel BOBBER project

the battery tray and seat look fantastic! The fender, in my humble opinion, needs to be ummmm..... cut up maybe.
Even if you are remounting the ppad I'd try something different.
Keep up the great work!

Deviant1 said:
Hmmm...If you're dead-set on the stock rear fender, I'd cut it down at the front and bring the back line of the fender somewhere close to Twelve o'clock. That would look pretty sick. Oh, shit, I forgot you're remounting the pillion... never mind. :)

oh no... this will be a solo ride only. i was thinking of cutting it down like you said..... i will prob. go with a different fender all together. heres a rebel i saw bobbed but with the stock rear fender, looks different, kind of cool.

simplebob.jpg

Just come straight up from the axle to the fender and acros to the other side and wacker off there. Bikes looks great the way it is tho.

if you're going with a pillion pad, just cut off the fender 3 or so inches behind it and trim down the inside skirts - they cover way too much tire.

A bigger rear wheel and tyre combo to fill the fender a bit more maybe?

got the frame painted, used rustoleum engine enamel (ford grey), hopefully it holds up to gas and oil a little better than standard spray paint. I just rattle canned it because touch up is easy, its cheap, and im not sure if i am done modding the frame, plus i was getting antsy and want to move this project along... ;D . i didnt want to do traditional black but if it looks like crap once its together i will pull it apart and paint it. tell me what you think!?

DSC02683.jpg

Frame looks smooth. Nice job.

rextec said:
oh no... this will be a solo ride only. i was thinking of cutting it down like you said..... i will prob. go with a different fender all together. heres a rebel i saw bobbed but with the stock rear fender, looks different, kind of cool.

simplebob.jpg

That doesn't look bad at all. I like

Frame and swinger look good. They look Utilitarian or Military??? hard to describe but a matt olive paint scheme would look good with the industrial grey frame. or a matt/flat finish black.

Cool build.

Cheers,

Maritime

Maritime Biker said:
Frame and swinger look good. They look Utilitarian or Military??? hard to describe but a matt olive paint scheme would look good with the industrial grey frame. or a matt/flat finish black.

Cool build.

Cheers,

Maritime

Thanks! i was thinking something along those lines, i was even tossing around the idea of raw steel with a matt clear over it..... or matt brown. ???

Looks good! I hear ya on the part about you not being sure if you're done welding on the frame. I'm the same way. I've got the frame all painted but I keep finding things that need to be done. The grey looks good dude. Very different, but also clean. I think it's going to work out well.

Thanks guys, it really keeps me motivated! if i dont decide to get crazy this weekend i should have a roller ;)

more work done!!! its nice to see it coming together slowly..... i have to admit i like the direction its headed ;D
next step will be to shoot a little paint on the lower fork clamp and put the front end on it.

DSC02692.jpg

before and after of the rear shocks....

DSC02699.jpg

threw the swinger and shocks on it for kicks

DSC02696.jpg

plan for the weekend: paint up rear wheel, mount the motor, put the basic bike together.... CANT WAIT!!!!!

a look at things to come ;).... im most definatley influenced by the wrenchmonkee bikes! yes those are pro-taper dirtbike bars.... had them laying around, actually look pretty cool i think!

DSC02727.jpg

Coming together nicely bro! I love the black bars (but I'm biased :p). And the motor looks ver similar to what we're doing. The valve cover on ours will be blasted instead of black. LOVIN IT DUDE!

got the rear wheel sprayed up today, going to wait untill tomorrow to install it. coming along......

DSC02768.jpg

DSC02769.jpg

DSC02776.jpg

DSC02778.jpg

mikeadamstattoo said:
i like the mx bars! is the paint on the spokes appliance epoxy? and are you doing the rims too? or justthe spokes and hubs?

yup good old rutoleum appliance epoxy! im leaving the rims chrome.... i was affraid of adhesion problems, plus i dont think it looks to shabby!

Back
Top Bottom