"Espresso Love"

CCRider said:
Thanks Wanker, Believe it or not, about 8-1/4 gal. I don't expect to be filling up very often :)

CC
dang... thats like the biggest gastank on a motorcycle yet.

anyways cc i hope you dont mind but i stole the pictures from your other posts on what you did and i stole the text that went with it and i'm useing that as referance for my project

NINEGEAR said:
dang... thats like the biggest gastank on a motorcycle yet.

anyways cc i hope you dont mind but i stole the pictures from your other posts on what you did and i stole the text that went with it and i'm useing that as referance for my project

No problem Nine, hope it's helpful.

CC

goodfornothing said:
Should've made the bump stop into an extra fuel reserve :D!

What did you end up coating the exhaust wrap with?

I think I've got all the fuel I need! :)

Have not coated the wrap with anything yet. I didn't really want to change the color and couldn't find anything to match.

I also bought cheap wrap off ebay, but your's looks to be better quality than mine (at least in your pix).

CC

my dad says that tank looks top heavy. can you get some knee downs on that bike without falling over? or do you not do knee downs.

anyways dose that tank affect anything on the bike other than how long you can go without fillups.

I read on the DEI website that you can use a high temp paint over the exhaust wraps and it should be fine. So a high temp clear might do the trick.

NINEGEAR said:
my dad says that tank looks top heavy. can you get some knee downs on that bike without falling over? or do you not do knee downs.

anyways dose that tank affect anything on the bike other than how long you can go without fillups.

Only time I've noticed any topheavyness is moving around in the garage and when kick starting (but with the seat so far back the kick starter position feels kind of wierd anyway).

Once the bike is moving, I haven't noticed anything out of normal with the handling.

CC

Perfect example of taking your time on one of these bikes! I was wondering if there are any places around here in the Carolinas that cafe riders meet up at. I'm just south of Charlotte and looking for other local people. Then again, not sure how many of you 4 stroke guys like riding with an oil burner like me.

deadlandxtreme said:
Perfect example of taking your time on one of these bikes! I was wondering if there are any places around here in the Carolinas that cafe riders meet up at. I'm just south of Charlotte and looking for other local people. Then again, not sure how many of you 4 stroke guys like riding with an oil burner like me.

Thanks. So far I haven't hooked up with any other cafes in the area. I met a couple of DTT'ers from Raleigh this spring at a bike show in Spencer though. Where are you exactly. And no, no two-strokers allowed :D

Unfortunately, I found out today that the bureaucrats at the NCDMV will not issue me a title based on the paperwork I currently have, so it's back to the drawing board on that front. See: http://dotheton.com/index.php?topic=10815.0

CC

Congratulations on completing your project, being at the end of any project is a very rewarding feeling, but you should be exceptionally proud of this one! Your work has been not only enjoyable to follow but extremely inspiring to me for some of my future projects. You neglected nothing in your build, every part and process has so much time and effort put into it and the finish goods show it. This bike is not particularly the style café that I am into, but I defiantly appreciate it! That is what I love about customs. This bike has a certain nostalgia that I love, it has a very traditional look, however it is so tweeked and different at the time. I applaud you my friend. Happy riding! ;D

Also: Do you have another project planned, if so: what, when? ::) If not: WHY? ???

tWistedWheelz said:
Congratulations on completing your project, being at the end of any project is a very rewarding feeling, but you should be exceptionally proud of this one! Your work has been not only enjoyable to follow but extremely inspiring to me for some of my future projects. You neglected nothing in your build, every part and process has so much time and effort put into it and the finish goods show it. This bike is not particularly the style café that I am into, but I defiantly appreciate it! That is what I love about customs. This bike has a certain nostalgia that I love, it has a very traditional look, however it is so tweeked and different at the time. I applaud you my friend. Happy riding! ;D

Thanks very much for the kind and honest comments. I was going for a vintage look and I think it came together pretty well. To be honest myself, the look didn't turn out to be as sleek and sexy as I had hoped, but it evolved into something I'm pretty proud of for my first attempt.

tWistedWheelz said:
Also: Do you have another project planned, if so: what, when? ::) If not: WHY? ???

Like most of us, I've been drooling over Troybuilt's bobber and may go in that direction next, maybe something with a little larger displacement for some serious highway cruising, but first I've got to get my wife on board for another project. :)

CC

Glad to see it completed man! The bike absolutely looks great - hope to see it in person some time.

Good luck with the NCDMV - I know first hand how much of a PITA they can be.

byrdman76 said:
Glad to see it completed man! The bike absolutely looks great - hope to see it in person some time.

Good luck with the NCDMV - I know first hand how much of a PITA they can be.

Hey Byrdman, Thanks and good to hear from you.

I talked with someone at ITS yesterday and he said that in 19 years of doing business, they had never heard of anyone being denied a title who used their service. He wanted a copy of the letter I got from NCDMV for his lawyer to look at. We'll see.

CC

Rode the bike down to a local air show last weekend. Here's a shot of her "slummin' it :)" with the indigenous Harley crowd. Actually had a nice chat with a few of them, who were quite interested in the build.

CC

IMG_7283.jpg

Absolutely beautiful. I've read through all the build threads and will be using your technique on my seat pan with my CB400 build I'm working on. If I had the time, motivation, and determination I would build a tank as well. I love the large capacity tanks and the way the tail hump matches the large tank. If either of them had been "normal" size it would have looked terrible, but with both of them large it looks well portioned and has to be one of the top 5 bikes on this site in my opinion.

Great work,
George

gstanfield said:
Absolutely beautiful. I've read through all the build threads and will be using your technique on my seat pan with my CB400 build I'm working on. If I had the time, motivation, and determination I would build a tank as well. I love the large capacity tanks and the way the tail hump matches the large tank. If either of them had been "normal" size it would have looked terrible, but with both of them large it looks well portioned and has to be one of the top 5 bikes on this site in my opinion.

Great work,
George

Thanks very much. I think I'm finally pretty close to getting her titled now too.

CC

Back
Top Bottom