DSC_1623.jpg

DSC_1632-1.jpg

DSC_1614.jpg

DSC_1631.jpg

DSC_1615.jpg

DSC_1611-1.jpg

DSC_1635-1.jpg

DSC_1634.jpg

The bike turned out better than I could have dreamed. I can't thank everyone enough for all the help and support. Couldn't have done it without you. Guys, thank you!

Re: Meet "Beat The Clock"

I have come back to look at this 3 different times now. If you don't love it, you are wrong. Great work!

This is awsome Troy, I kind of felt bad you chopped your Cafe, but in the end, I think this was the bike you were meant to build. Sweet. I totally got to find my wife another job so I can spend some dough for another project. I haven't finished my Cafe'ish bike, but I like this build style so much I want to do one.

Great work bud. Now when the condeser arrives, action shots of you ripping it down the country roads with the fields as a backdrop.

Maritime

PURE SICKNESS!!! awesome man. you try the carbon fiber trick yet?

Holy Hell! This is one of the coolest bikes I've ever seen, bobber or otherwise. I love all the brass pieces and the little touches like the low-mounted mirror. For all the talk about lace possibly making your bike too feminine, it turned out to be one of the slickest parts of the build. I'd love to see this bike in person some day.

Absolutely Brilliant!! No caferacer, but very, very, very cool!!!

Excellent job!

I love this bike! Such a nice job Troy! I liked it as a cafe but this really is art......

Hey...the two round bits inserted into the rear tank bracket? What are they?

Hey guys, thank you for all the kind words. Much appreciated!
I can't wait to put her down the road.
Swagger, they are brass drawer pulls. A hardware store was going out of business and I found two of them stuffed in a box. They are kinda heavy but i figured they went with the theme. they are just epoxied in.
Thanks again for the props guys!

Stunning! Extremely nice work troybilt. Everything works together nicely. Love the paint scheme.

Cool mirror placement too!

lookin good. the clear came out great. feel free to polish the hell out of it.. :)

are the front fork tubes done in the black appliance epoxy?? the look really good.

MY GOOOOOODNESSS, that is awsome. I gotta say.... I loved it when the bike was blue and caff'd out, but this? There justr arent words to describe. This is true art at its best. BEAUTIFUL.

Troy told me he's working on a transforming mechanism for the bike so it can easily transform to cafe style need be :).

This bike is too gorgeous. Have you thought about opening a shop? You'd do very well considering you work fast even with a full plate AND your ideas are mindblowing. Like I said before, keep building Troy. Maybe one day you'll be able to bless others with your talent. It's a blessing just looking at this thing!

I didn't think much of this bike in it's cafe form, but this thing is sick. My favorite part is the brass accents, I plan on doing something similar on my bike (speedo and tach maybe). We need a video of this one

PS I had to read the title like 3 times to realize it didn't say "meat beat...the clock" ???

edit: Went back and looked at the photos again. Fucking cool.

Re: "Beat The Clock"

Again, thanks for the kind words guys. Much appreciated!!!

Malloy, yep, its the appliance epoxy. Most guys look at it think it's powder. ;D

Goodfornothing, thanks my friend, thanks. Great idea but I'd go hungry. I'd spend most of my time re-doing yesterdays work, LOL.

Brokenglass, I edited out meet in the title. Lol I didn't even notice how strange it sounded. ;D

I have a short story that i must tell.
Well, all those who posted on the build thread I used you and you didn't even know it. It was getting close to time for the credit card bill to come in the mail. At that time my wife was not so much into the re-do of the bike if you know what I mean? To say it was a sore subject would be an understatement. I know that there had to be Monday mornings she was asked at work, "What did you and the hubby do over the weekend?" Her answer had to be, "Oh, the some o thing. My husband was in the garage until the wee hours working on that bike again and i fell asleep on the sofa."

So needless to say, I had to get her to understand somehow what I was doing. So, this might sound a bit off but it really worked. From the build thread I copied all the post that you guys made and pasted them together on a word file. I printed it out and asked her to read it. I think there were something like 7 pages. Wow! I expected her to read a few quotes and put the papers down. You know, she read every word and when she was done she said she had no idea. She made some positive comments about the type of people hanging out on 'your' motorcycle forum (DTT) and said that she was amazed. The next morning she came out to the garage and spent a half hour looking over the bike. She even wanted to sit on it. Prior to this the bike never got more than glance in passing.
A few days later the credit bill was opened without a word.
So, I hope what I'm about to say doesn't ruin my rep, but I have pretty strong feelings for my DTT brothers ! You all are a bunch of cool cats and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!
Build on my brothers, build on!

Back
Top Bottom