'69 Honda Superhawk

Stout

Been Around the Block
DTT BOTM WINNER
I don't think I've posted any pics of this bike on the ton yet so here it is. I know you Superhawk guys out there will say that Honda didn't make a Superhawk in '69 but that is what the title says so I'm sticking with it. It is really probably a '68 with a mixture of some other years thrown in for good measure :) . - Stout

SuperhawkTank.jpg

SuperhawkExhaust.jpg

5-19-10086.jpg

5-19-10089.jpg

5-19-10099.jpg

100_0427.jpg

and a before shot:
before.jpg

Sweet build man! nice lil bike for rippin round on! And I always loved those tanks! nice and clean build man!

I love the color. Really like the way you've modified the side covers to work with the air filters. Incredible work!

Thanks! If anyone wants to see more details of the build it is located on the honda305 forum. www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4143&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Stout said:
Thanks! If anyone wants to see more details of the build it is located on the honda305 forum. www.honda305.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=4143&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Pretty cool. My brother has his street/tracker 305 there under the Flat Track - CL77 in their vintage racers section.

cl77_ft_01.jpg

It was modeled after a Honda 250 Sonicweld short tracker picture he saw.

Stout -- how is it to ride with that seat? Is the seating position lower than the stock seat, or does it just look that way?

On the honda305 forum you mentioned something about going on a 400 mile ride, and wondered how that worked out?

Nice modification on the tank and side panels -- I'm sure this drives the purists wild!

The seating position is probably about stock height and it isn't uncomfortable to ride... but I probably won't be taking it on that long of ride again; it is more fun to just take it out for a short spin and to the local bike night.

Thanks for the compliments. I am sure the purists don't like it, but it isn't their bike... and that is just one of the great things about motorcycles, you can make them how YOU like em ;D

Stout said:
The seating position is probably about stock height and it isn't uncomfortable to ride... but I probably won't be taking it on that long of ride again; it is more fun to just take it out for a short spin and to the local bike night.

Thanks for the compliments. I am sure the purists don't like it, but it isn't their bike... and that is just one of the great things about motorcycles, you can make them how YOU like em ;D

Any of them give you any flak tell them you're the reason their bike is worth more, one less original one in the world.. Besides it's possible the "hot rodded" version is worth more than the restored one!

Stout said:

I did 550 miles from Mid-Ohio to Baltimore last year in a day on mine (we're both on honda305.com, but i'm sure you know anyways), and the bike is really for someone smaller in stature. I'm 5'10" and about 147-150 lbs and it's fine for me (longest ride was 600 miles in a day on it). Don't know what your dimensions are, but someone 6'2" and 240 probably wouldn't have a good time on this bike for very long.

Have you thought about moving the pegs back to the passenger position? Don't know if that would be better for you or not.....

klx678 said:
Any of them give you any flak tell them you're the reason their bike is worth more, one less original one in the world.. Besides it's possible the "hot rodded" version is worth more than the restored one!

I get a bit of flak sometimes from Honda restoration guys -- why would you mess with something that's perfect to begin with?
I actually had a Honda restoration guy tell me that my wheels and tires were 'too nice for the bike'. Don't know what they'd say about this SuperHawk!

I love all the details you worked on to make it look like a modern bike.

The gascap makes the bike...You seriously took it over the top and did a ridiculously professional job.

Congratulations man!!

Thanks for all the compliments! I'm glad there is a site like this with a "ton" of others out there that are into bikes like I am.

-Stout

Back
Top Bottom