'74 MZ TS250

buckeyebike

Over 1,000 Posts
Stumbled across this little devil a couple weeks ago- 1974 MZ TS250 single 2-stroke made in Communist East Germany in 1974. Get this- it only has 15 original miles. It came stock with aluminum rims and some cool, quirky features like an enclosed chain drive and a complete tool kit with air pump. It was imported to Columbus, ridden 15 miles then put on private display. It is a time capsule. I bought it with the intention of a cool cafe conversion, but can't bring myself to do it as it may be the only one left in this unrestored original condition with unheard of low miles. Cleaned the tank and petcock and moving to the carb this weekend. Hope to fire it up soon. The only thing missing was the bar-end mirror, but I found one in UK and it is on the way. ;D I put the broomstick bars on but have the originals. Won't change anyhting else . . . for now.

MZ250002.jpg

MZ250004.jpg

I love the gas cap-
MZ250008.jpg

MZ250005.jpg

I'm a bit of an old bike purest in a way.... I think converting this bike would be the equivalent of drawing a mustache on the Mona Lisa.
AWESOME find!!! you have a piece of motorcycling history!

Handlebar or Goatee mustache- LOL! Agreed, this one stays stock.

I posted it on a Triumph forum and the fellows said the same- don't "F" with it.

Gotta get it running next . . .

I have one of these in the actual six days version but it is in many pieces, yours is definitely something to keep as it is.

Back
Top Bottom