RD250 Street Tracker

thanks Turb, I didn't see them listed on the website but I sent him an email. Hopefully, he can get some for me. - Stout

The chambers look good, but unusual. You did calculate the expansion chamber dimensional requirements? Those stingers each look a bit large for a 125cc cylinder. Did you get a kit or use some formulas like those in The Two Stroke Tuner's Handbook to calculate the cone/stinger requirements?

The last tube isn't actually the stinger. The stinger will be inside of it (as a baffle) with fiberglass packing around it. Otherwise, yes it would be much too large for a 125. The stinger diameter will actually be the same size as stock since I am using some of the stock exhaust to make them. - Stout

I stuck it back together somewhat so I could work on the peg location. - stout

Attachments

• 102B1110.JPG
    208.3 KB · Views: 433
  • 102_1124.JPG
    266.7 KB · Views: 816
No, I just need to run a tap through the other mirror mnt to chase out the threads. I actually think the mirrors will look alright on there.

Yeah, the garbage can at buell turned out to be the best thing about that sale :)

Thanks
-Stout

Really a good lookin bike!
Looks light and fast and handy, must be a joy to ride!
I also like the black/blue/white colorscheme!

Good luck!

Sven

thanks! that is actually just the stock paint. the tins and frame still need to be painted. I was planning on an offshoot of the classic bumblebee colors but I kinda like the blue white and black now that I've seen it somewhat together.

Anyone have suggestions on paint?

Thanks,
- Stout

Stout said:
Anyone have suggestions on paint?

How about a careful restoration of the original paint
on the tank, the same scheme on the seat, plus a well
balanced mixture of black and aluminium(not too shiny!)
on the other parts...

Best regards
Sven

the original paint is a goner.... there isn't much left to it, especially after I cut out the old cap and installed the buell one. but I am liking the original color scheme. thanks for the suggestion! Stout

I haven't posted on this for quite some time, but I've been getting stuff done. Right now I am waiting for crank bearings to come in and have been getting ready for paint. here is where it sits:

102_1242.jpg

102_1244.jpg

102_1245.jpg

102_1239.jpg

~stout

Well, I took the day off today and got some stuff done. The motor is pretty much together (still waiting for the reed gaskets to come in).
Here she is:

100_0003.jpg

100_0001.jpg

100_0002.jpg

Safety wired the footpeg bolts

100_0004.jpg

~stout

102_1244.jpg

wow!! if i didn't know what this bike was originally.. i woulda thought it was factory.. those body lines flow nicely. great job on that tail, looks super clean and tight..

Shit hot, love that its a small bore stroker, love the detail, love the bike THE END. Well done brother, please keep posting.

I cleared the tank and tail section last night (thanks Rebellion Ind for letting me use your garage!). Gonna try and bake them a little today so I can wetsand and buff.

Here they are:

102_1347.jpg

102_1346.jpg

102_1344.jpg

and baking them:
102_1349.jpg

~Stout

Back
Top Bottom