CB125: the mighty mite

My bike overheated and my plug shit the bed, I'm not sure in what order. Yesterday's ride involved a good bit of pushing and swearing along the side of a country road. I was able to limp most of the way home and caught a bus the rest of the way. Below is what the plug looked like when I pulled it. She runs a heck of a lot better with one that actually has electrode material now....

Wow bro, I dont know if thats a lean condition, timing, hot coils or what. Im sure theres guys here who do have the answer.

Just hoping there wasnt any shrapnel off that thing and in the rings or scoring the walls.

Yeah, i was a little surprised to see that. I'm guessing it happened when my reg/rec was putting out over 16V at WOT. Overheating probably just made the symptoms much worse. I have a new reg/rec in there and I'll be keeping an eye on the spark plug over the next few rides (and carrying a spare).

It feels alright. I took it easy for a bit, then flogged it for a bit too. I'm gonna pull the plug and check it in a few days to see what the plug is telling me.

She gone.

Not being able to do highway speeds was getting too annoying, and I could use the extra scratch for my 350 project. I'm gonna miss it, but the new owner was pretty excited about it and seems happy with it.

Rimmy said:
She gone.

Not being able to do highway speeds was getting too annoying, and I could use the extra scratch for my 350 project. I'm gonna miss it, but the new owner was pretty excited about it and seems happy with it.

As goes the way with most CB100/125s. Cool little bikes for around town or in some twisty roads, but any real travel is pretty deadly.

I know you'll miss that little gem 8).
I installed a 150cc piston/cyl. kit along w/ an 18" rear rim/spokes on my 81' CB125S & w/ low bars,custom luggage rack I have no problem and it's able to maintain 55-60mph anywhere and 'top-out' at almost 80.
I realize that 'highway speeds' are up around 75-80mph in most places and so I consider my little 125 a 'moped for the interstate'.. ::) and I make sure I stay in the far right lane and scan my mirrors just as if I'm on a moped. :D
I really don't enjoy Interstates anyway so I always take a few maps w/ me when I travel and do my best to travel on and enjoy the other non-interstate roads and plan many alternate roads as I'm going.I think the term 'limited access hywys.' is a bummer for me so i do my best to avoid them and enjoy lots of 'meeting the locals' as i travel state to state.

The farthest (more futher?) right lane gives you the least options in an emergency and generally has the most road debris. The farthest left lane in the right lane is much better for interstate travel. You do know there's 3 bike lanes in each lane of the road, right?

If you want to ride one of these on the interstate slap a 200 lifan into one and GYSOT.

Congrats on the sale.

DohcBikes said:
You do know there's 3 bike lanes in each lane of the road, right?

This reminds me of that old Steve Martin joke https://youtu.be/xbIMLTuBXwc?t=32m56s . But I wouldn't infer grcamna5's "the far right lane" to mean the far right side of the far right lane.

iatethepeach said:
This reminds me of that old Steve Martin joke https://youtu.be/xbIMLTuBXwc?t=32m56s . But I wouldn't infer grcamna5's "the far right lane" to mean the far right side of the far right lane.

Lol :D

Back
Top Bottom