74 CB360 City Bike

Picked up my trees from tulsa powder coating today.
46bd4ad9-cb3e-eb12.jpg

Not bad for $15. I went ahead and installed them with a fresh set of AllBalls tonight. Just for reference, a CB360 uses the thin spacer included with the bearing set. Not the fat one.

You're from OK? I'm moving to Tulsa after I graduate from OSU....Tulsa powdercoating is pretty good huh?

This was my first time using them. I didn't do my research and it paid off for once. I had to do some minimal die grinding but well worth it for the price. I would recommend them.

Stillwater? I'm an OSU grad myself. Tulsa campus.

I'll be sure to check them out, I've definitely got some stuff for them. Yeah I'm in Stilly until May.

You've got a great build going here bud. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest of it!

This is what I'm working with after a good productive weekend of work. I'm pretty stoked about how it's coming together.
46bd4ad9-cba8-84fb.jpg
46bd4ad9-cbb9-1019.jpg

What a great feeling to have two wheels actually serving a purpose and not just looking pretty in my living room.

Looking damn good! Must be some kinda bike crowd up north since I can't find one fool to ride with around here.

Word on the All Balls stem kit, set them just a hair looser than they should be. I had issues with mine because they were slightly too tight and that caused the bike to have what felt like soft or "sweet" spots that the steering wanted to be in and one was JUST off of center, so I had to hold the thing in line and sometimes the fighting with it caused my bike to almost tank slap. Loosened things up a bit and have had no issues since.

What's your plans for that front fender? Gonna run it?

DashGordan said:
This is what I'm working with after a good productive weekend of work. I'm pretty stoked about how it's coming together.
IMAGE_E3207AEF-318E-4764-A147-082F1B9DDD66.JPG

What a great feeling to have two wheels actually serving a purpose and not just looking pretty in my living room.

looking real nice. I am currently involved in a similar build with my 360. I had a couple questions for you:
On the frame- did you use the stock hoop? Looks like you shortened it up some- how many inches did you shorten it?
Is that rear wheel going to clear the rear hoop and frame once you compress those shocks and sit on it? I am trying to work on my frame but I don't have my wheels back from PC yet and I am worried about tire clearance if I shorten the frame.

On another note, love the look of those K70s on there. I have K70s on another bike of mine and really like them. Just a little worried about mounting a 4.00-18 tire on my stock 360 front rim though. Not sure it will be safe, and not sure it will clear the front fender. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks.

frogman said:
Looking damn good! Must be some kinda bike crowd up north since I can't find one fool to ride with around here.

Word on the All Balls stem kit, set them just a hair looser than they should be. I had issues with mine because they were slightly too tight and that caused the bike to have what felt like soft or "sweet" spots that the steering wanted to be in and one was JUST off of center, so I had to hold the thing in line and sometimes the fighting with it caused my bike to almost tank slap. Loosened things up a bit and have had no issues since.

What's your plans for that front fender? Gonna run it?

What city are you in? We have been lucky this year with weather for sure. I ride to work every day when it's nice. A couple of my friends got new bikes the same week I got mine so we ride fairly often.

Nice tip on the bearings. I'll try that. I wasn't sure what to do. Some videos I watched said to snug it up fully to completely set the top bearing but then to back it off to the point of free yet controlled movement.

I was considering using the original fender for the rear, and maybe a shorty fender on the front or maybe just bare bone it up there. No definite plans as of yet.

Rpino7 said:
Are you planning on redoing all the wiring brand new?

Im not sure. I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this.

My harness is not in horrible condition, and I marked everything really well where it goes. On the other hand, it just seems like old wiring and their connectors might cause problems for me down the road that could be a booger to diagnose.

DashGordan said:
Im not sure. I'd like to get everyone's opinion on this.

My harness is not in horrible condition, and I marked everything really well where it goes. On the other hand, it just seems like old wiring and their connectors might cause problems for me down the road that could be a booger to diagnose.
Yeah I agree with you 100% I think if you are going this deep into your build you might as well redo all the wiring. :) think about it not only will you gain wisdom form the experience. but it will be new so you can rely on it more.

sbaugz said:
looking real nice. I am currently involved in a similar build with my 360. I had a couple questions for you:
On the frame- did you use the stock hoop? Looks like you shortened it up some- how many inches did you shorten it?
Is that rear wheel going to clear the rear hoop and frame once you compress those shocks and sit on it? I am trying to work on my frame but I don't have my wheels back from PC yet and I am worried about tire clearance if I shorten the frame.

On another note, love the look of those K70s on there. I have K70s on another bike of mine and really like them. Just a little worried about mounting a 4.00-18 tire on my stock 360 front rim though. Not sure it will be safe, and not sure it will clear the front fender. Anyone have any thoughts on this?
Thanks.

Thanks sbaugz, the new rear hoop is 5.5 in length. Thats the OD from the max cutoff point (just behind the shock welds) to the outer edge of the hoop. The new hoop came from DCC. They must be killing it with those things. Ran me like 120 after shipping. I got the one with the slight up sweep. I've seen some members on here making some out of lighter gauge tubing that they filled with sand and bent themselves. I wouldn't mind trying that on the next one.

I'm thinking my clearance will be fine. The upsweep of the hoop helps slightly. The shocks are at the lowest setting now, so I have room for adjustment if need be. I researched tire size probably more than anything. The handling on this bike is not gonna be superb. I went big on front for looks. I could have gone 3.5 on front. Still might.

They definitely will not clear your front fender if you are going back with the stock one.

wow pretty amazing what you got here!
I have a 1984 CB750 Honda Bol d'Or for my next project and your bike is definitley an inspiration !

Keep the pics coming and have fun building !

raoulduke said:
wow pretty amazing what you got here!
I have a 1984 CB750 Honda Bol d'Or for my next project and your bike is definitley an inspiration !

Keep the pics coming and have fun building !
Thanks, glad you like it.

That's a unique bike. I really dig the tank on those bikes. Looks similar to a benji tank I think. Do you have a thread for your build yet?

No I haven't started building on the Honda yet, she has to wait until I finished messing with the Duc ;)

2v3rbr4.jpg

But the Duc might be done in March, she only misses some paint ;)
The pic is a bit old i am quite further right now, but i am a lazy photographer^^

Sorry got side tracked, the reason I ask about the fender is I'm looking for a better than what I have piece, mine has a dent in it that comes from bottoming out the forks into it. Yes, it can be done, I have the proof although I didn't do it. EFFING PO's.

I live south of Chickasha, which is south of the city a bit, its po-dunk-ville and everyone thinks I'm crazy for messing with Honda's. I've resto-modded my 360 to something that didn't exist because I HATED the plastic side covers. She's more or less done now and is my roudy loud ass ride that makes people look sideways because a Honda ain't supposed to sound or LOOK that good. Of course, I have been out every day I can that isn't insanely cold this winter, yes I will take it out when its 32 degrees and sunny, just wear more clothes.

The wiring is simple enough, I unwrapped mine and put split loom on it. Just to clean it up really.

They are fun as hell fuking bikes, mine still makes me grin like an idiot and giggle like a school girl every time I take it out and I've had it for almost 2 years now.

damn that powdercoat guy is cheap! all the shops in my area (next to the other OSU, the oregon state university) have a minimun shop charge of 100 bones, and frames start at 200, 50 bucks a wheel and so on

frogman said:
Sorry got side tracked, the reason I ask about the fender is I'm looking for a better than what I have piece, mine has a dent in it that comes from bottoming out the forks into it. Yes, it can be done, I have the proof although I didn't do it. EFFING PO's.

I live south of Chickasha, which is south of the city a bit, its po-dunk-ville and everyone thinks I'm crazy for messing with Honda's. I've resto-modded my 360 to something that didn't exist because I HATED the plastic side covers. She's more or less done now and is my roudy loud ass ride that makes people look sideways because a Honda ain't supposed to sound or LOOK that good. Of course, I have been out every day I can that isn't insanely cold this winter, yes I will take it out when its 32 degrees and sunny, just wear more clothes.

The wiring is simple enough, I unwrapped mine and put split loom on it. Just to clean it up really.

They are fun as hell fuking bikes, mine still makes me grin like an idiot and giggle like a school girl every time I take it out and I've had it for almost 2 years now.

I don't feel like we've really had a winter. It does seem like it will be a fun bike. I actually took it off the stand yesterday and rolled around on it. Feels a lot bigger sitting on it than it looks.

rhavindog said:
damn that powdercoat guy is cheap! all the shops in my area (next to the other OSU, the oregon state university) have a minimun shop charge of 100 bones, and frames start at 200, 50 bucks a wheel and so on

I dont know what to tell you. If powder were always this cheap, Escobar would have been a bus driver. I'll powder everything from now on.

Gorgeous Saturday in Tulsa. I decided to undress the engine and do a little stripping.
46bd4ad9-cc22-221a.jpg

This is what I used. 90% of the time it works every time. Or so I'm told. I've been stripping furniture since I was a kid and this stuff rules. Thick, no fumes, doesn't burn your skin, and strong as crap. Pretty much instant. Got it at Lowes, right next to the environmentally friendly crap that won't strip chalk off a chalkboard.
46bd4ad9-cc34-3a4b.jpg

They still need a lot of work, but the messy part is over and done.
46bd4ad9-cc62-d932.jpg

I'm striving for the brushed/natural look on the engine.

Back
Top Bottom