Welcome to Sparck Moto

Sonreir

Oregon
DTT SUPPORTER
main%20logo.png

Sparck Moto - Modern gear for your vintage ride

Battery not charging? Intermittent shorts and blown fuses? Just don't trust Mr. Lucas? We can help.

Sparck Moto offers a wide range of electrical services and products for your two-wheeled death machine. Breathe new life into your bike's nervous system and bring the ol' girl into the 21st century.

Here at Sparck Moto we have standards; we have an ethos; we stand for something. We do more than import plastic crap from overseas to dump on the market and pad our pockets. Many of our products are made right here in the USA (look for the decal!) by small businesses, one man bands, and garage enthusiasts just like yourself. We may not always have the best prices, but we always offer the best value.

We don't believe in throwing stuff away or replacing what you can repair. Don't part out that old bike when you can resurrect it and cover some more miles on the open road in the open air. If you need a new part, some advice on your build, or a shoulder to cry on when you've thrown a rod through the side of your freshly painted case, you know where to find us. So break out the hand tools, crack open your favorite malt beverage, and see what we have to offer.

www.sparckmoto.com
Coming November 2013

Re: Welcome to Spark Moto

I clicked the link and thought DAMN youve been busy at web design!

You misspelled your company name in the link :D

www.sparckmoto.com

Flugtechnik said:
Is this your baby Matt?

Yes, sir.

SONIC. said:
I clicked the link and thought DAMN youve been busy at web design!

You misspelled your company name in the link :D

www.sparckmoto.com

Dammit. My fingers type faster than my brain some days. Thanks for the heads-up!

Congrats Brother and I wish you the best of luck!!! Retro Moto is now offering wiring harnesses,btw.

HerrDeacon said:
Well done Matt, looks great. Wish you the best of luck with it.

Thanks, Perry!

Joon-yah Bourelle said:
Congrats Brother and I wish you the best of luck!!! Retro Moto is now offering wiring harnesses,btw.

Thanks, Junior. If Retro Motor's harnesses are anything like their other products, they should be pretty kick-ass. ;)

crazypj said:
'Prototype' ;)

Looks awesome, Pete. What kind of clearance is there between the points plate and the rotor?

It's 'adjustable' while I still have it here. ;)
At present, 7mm
Outside diameter is 2.250", points plate is 2.4"

I see how it's setup now. I always envisioned it to be behind the points plate, closer to the head. This should work, too, though.

It would be easier to make from thinner piece of material - less waste, less machining, just make a spacer to get to end of cam post so it clamps down
I think there would be enough clearance, I'll make a 'short' one to check.
Rotor only needs to be slightly thicker than magnets being used so I guess 4mm would be plenty?

crazypj said:
It would be easier to make from thinner piece of material - less waste, less machining, just make a spacer to get to end of cam post so it clamps down
I think there would be enough clearance, I'll make a 'short' one to check.
Rotor only needs to be slightly thicker than magnets being used so I guess 4mm would be plenty?

Definitely plenty. The test magnets I'm using are 1mm thick and 3mm in diameter.

The Hall effect sensor boards I bought have power and pick up LED's, (went a bit OTT buying stuff :eek: )
I was thinking of drilling holes through trigger wheel to have 'flashing lights' when motor is running using the slotted 'points' cover I made
;D ::)

Any idea what the dwell is going to be using small magnet?
I would expect it to be much higher than the 45~50 % with points which will give a much better spark

Back
Top Bottom