Don't know if any other of you Detroit guys saw this yet and other DTTers.

It was posted by the soon to be opened Cafe Racer shop in Ypsilanti. I hoping to attend.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=99829018181

I happened to be out for lunch and saw the cover. Picked it up and read it tonight. Its definitely good to see some well-deserved press.
The article was decent considering the wide Metro Times audience. Wish it had more detail, but I didn't expect too much either.
Unfortuantely I probably won't make it out to Ypsi this wknd, but if anyone goes, get some pics!
CoverSmall.jpg

I think the big party is not this weekend but on the 15th, right? I hope so, I wouldn't be able to make it this weekend, but the shop is just down the road from my house.

DrJ said:
It was posted by the soon to be opened Cafe Racer shop in Ypsilanti. I hoping to attend.

http://www.facebook.com/event.php?eid=99829018181

I had this very idea years ago and would tell my then co-workers my concept (only after explaining what a cafe racer was), and they laughed at me.

nice article. makes me want to build a bike... wait, makes me want to open a shop i mean.

I have been riding my norton commando around detroit, royal oak, ferndale etc. since i moved here three years ago and have
seen two other cafe racers.

Its cool to see that someone is getting organized. Although where has everyone been hiding? There is zero presence in town.

Saw the cover & didnt think to pick it up & read it. Now that I know about the Ypsi shop opening, Im going! See some of you there. Maybe I should pick up a DTT sticker or shirt for the occasion!
jim

I'm glad to see some clubs pop up... I've been wondering where everyone is, too... I'd love to see some get togethers in RO/Ferndale.

jsouthard said:
Its cool to see that someone is getting organized. Although where has everyone been hiding? There is zero presence in town.

Alright, im thinking there might be enough of us to do a DTT in D town chapter going. Or maybe just a Dirty Glove Do the Ton!

Hm... I thought I already responded to this thread. Wonder if I put it in the wrong place.

Anyway, I think a MotorCity DTT or Dirty Glove would be awesome.

I'll be at the big party next weekend on the daily rider if weather permits, in the super-mean Focus otherwise. I'd offer to jump in on the ride out, but I live in Ann Arbor, about two miles from the shop so there wouldn't be much point. See y'all there!

That's a long ride Dr J. How's crossing the border on a bike? I would think easier than a car, but Border Patrol never ceases to surprise me.

Dan

I estimate a 6 hour ride to Ann Arbor. I've done that distance on my CB350 before. Never had a problem crossing the border with bike or car. Tried out my new passport this past Saturday and it worked like a charm. But I can't use the tunnel, bridge crossings only for bikes at Detroit/Windsor.

Right on, I'll see you there. The only real trouble I've had was coming back into the US when I cut across Canada to get from upstate NY back to MI. Have a safe trip!

Back
Top Bottom