Has anyone seen this 350 yet? Incredible!!!

biker_reject

Over 1,000 Posts
Now this is a seriously cool build!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/cb350-gsxr-600-bobber-cafe-rat-flat-tracker-custom_W0QQitemZ120460177095QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item1c0bfc6ec7&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245#ebayphotohosting

This one is no slouch either!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CB750-Cafe-Racer-SOHC_W0QQitemZ320413034897QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item4a9a1ae991&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245

I'm sayin'! Ever since joining DDT, my ideas about what cafe bikes are and can be have been broadened quite a bit. I've come to truly appreciate the melding of modern sport bike suspensions and vintage UJMs. I think the effect is devastatingly bad-ass!

The first one is WAYYY cool!
I really like how the speedo is in the headlight on the second one.
Very nice bikes.
Just goes to show no matter how hard you work on your own bike, someone else will blow you out of the water. :eek:

Even if you don't like this style you've got to appreciate the skills and effort to do something like this.
I may be 'letting the cat out of the bag" but, Kanticoy is currently during a cbr600 swing arm and monoshock to a 360. Should be killer!

The 350 looked a bit too busy for my taste, seemed over done. The builder, altho very talented to make that all work, seemed as though he needed his bike to give the look of a crazy person running around waving there arms while screaming "look at me, look at me!"

That CB750 looks awesome, very nicely done.

:D At a top speed of 65 mph, I don't think anyone will get too crazy on it. I would have preferred a cafe style seat and no rear hugger, but the rest of the bike I think, is just incredible. Can you believe the sale price of the 750 though??? :eek:

Wow - the winning bidder on the CB750 for $9900 has 258 100% feedback. Maybe when I finish my XS650 it goes to eBay...

I have mixed feelings about the 750. It's black, gorgeous, and has a big bore kit. Bonus! A fiberglass tank for the street... Bogus!

Tim said:
Wow - the winning bidder on the CB750 for $9900 has 258 100% feedback. Maybe when I finish my XS650 it goes to eBay...

It just makes you want to spend that little extra time making it perfect doesn't it?

I think the lines on the 750 are pretty smooth. Im pretty sure its the only bike utilizing that bucket with the frenched in speedo that actually looks balanced. Ive seen it used on smaller bikes and it always looks horrible to me. I think the 350 deserves respect for the craftsmanship, however the bike doesnt really come together. And whats up with the strange foot control placement on both bikes? I guess I can understand it a bit more on the 350 as its going for more of a bobber sorta look, but the 750 looks downright uncomfortable.

I can appreciate the worksmanship on the 750, but there's no way in hell that bike's worth almost 10k.

Glad somebody got paid though.

There'll probably be a Discovery Channel show coming soon....

Useful Idiot said:
I can appreciate the worksmanship on the 750, but there's no way in hell that bike's worth almost 10k.

Glad somebody got paid though.

There'll probably be a Discovery Channel show coming soon....

ya, you can smell the stench of commercialization in the air... but to be fair, I only jumped into this little niche world less than a year ago. And on the surface I probably am what the geezers around here think of when they imagine x-zibit hosting Pimp My Cafe Racer, I wear new era hats cocked slightly to the side, I listen to hip hop, ect. But I also am building a bike from the ground up, so whatever :) I mean niche hobbies becoming mainstream is definitely not always a bad thing, look at drifting, or computer gaming. More money in the industry just means more support for our hobby.

Yea, I've only been into it for a couple of years. The reason I picked cafes was because it's realtively cheap to get into and you never see anyone on a bike like that.

Around here it's bone stock Harleys (millions of them) and the crotch rocket kooks. Granted, I dig the tech in those new bikes, but I scoff at the idea of frosting my tips and wearing Ed Hardy rhinestone shirts....

Useful Idiot said:
Yea, I've only been into it for a couple of years. The reason I picked cafes was because it's realtively cheap to get into and you never see anyone on a bike like that.

Around here it's bone stock Harleys (millions of them) and the crotch rocket kooks. Granted, I dig the tech in those new bikes, but I scoff at the idea of frosting my tips and wearing Ed Hardy rhinestone shirts....

haha, ya I hear ya. I def think a cbr600rr, for example, is a cool piece of machinery, however I always tend to be attracted to more obscure things when it comes to cars and bikes. My jaw drops just as fast as the next guy at the auto show when all the marques reveal their latest models, but I am pretty confident that I will never buy a new car. I just think there are so many cool things with cool history out there already, its pointless to buy new. I mean, why not buy a $5,000 car and $25,000 worth of tools and parts?

For me, there's nothing like the howl of a litre bike with a race can at 12K or more! The sight and sound of a modern race rep really makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up. That feeling hasn't changed since I saw my first GSXR 1100 back in 1989. After I bought my first sportbike and things started to click (I learned how to ride), it was an almost religious experience. Yeah, I just kind of smile at each year's crop of newbs rockin' no gear and big ole chicken strips, but hey, I was there once. I have learned (for the most part) that if a sport bike rider survives his first or second year on the street, he calms down a bit and learns to really ride - riding to ride and not riding to be seen. Fortunately, the slammed and stretched craze has never taken hold here. Too many twisties, I suspect. I've had a keen interest in cafe bikes ever since reading an article about some Rockers from SF in a Life magazine back in the mid-80's, but my heart really belongs to high performance sportbikes... So, the synthesis of modern sport bike components on vintage UJMs really speaks to me.

Back
Top Bottom