good source for parts in T.O.

Ben

Been Around the Block
can anyone suggest a good source for your run of the mill parts, carb kits, gasket sets and such in Toronto? Last time I had a bike there was a CycleWorld, McBrides, Zdeno and on and on....

Have a 70's Honda and would like to do the carbs and head, seen kits on ebay but would rather buy local.

cheap n good is bestest.

thanks

ben

Wher in the city are you? Out west T.O. cycle on Lakeshore blvd is always helpful and has had obscure stuff for a CB550k and GS750 in stock. Of course they will still next day order in special.

In the east Ontario Cycle Salvage does the same biz, if they are still there. Zdeno in Kitchener is the best around and the renewed 'Cycle World' in Scarborough has a good shop, never ordered stuff though.

I am new aswell and unable to search out a good thread here on local suppliers, it's here though.

If you're looking for parts contact Tony from Kickstart Cycles. Friend of the board and can order any parts you need. He's an ace mechanic as well if you need any fine tuning once you've rebuilt your carbs etc.

647 888 1194

Don't forget the obvious, your local Honda Powerhouse. Many old parts are still available.

Parkway Honda Powerhouse
1681 Eglinton Avenue East 416-752-6666 North York

Ready Honda Powerhouse
430 Hensall Circle 905-896-3500 Mississauga

Classic Honda Powerhouse
30 Van Kirk Drive 905-454-1434 Brampton

thanks guys,

I stumbled onto the Sirrus website from one of their listings on ebay. They sell the Keyster carb kit but at $44 each carb, where others are near $24.

Can you recommend a good brand, seen Keyster, K&L and another...Would prefer Honda i guess.

Also read that the stock needle should be used and not replaced as stock needles were of a harder metal than the replacements and should never really wear.

Will check with Ready Honda monday.

Any carb building tips appreciated (like dont do it now, wait til spring cause its gonna sit 6 months anyways?)

Back
Top Bottom