Anyone here a Computer NUT??

THE_SHRUB

Potted plants rojoice!
I ask because I, myself LOVE computers. I hate using them for work, but I love taking them apart. a week ago I bought an acer aspire one 8.9" netbook and i've already torn the whole thing down to upgrade the ram once, and just to have a look 2 other times. To me its alot like the rush u get taking apart and tinkering with a new project. And best of all, so long as you dont mess anything up it costs you nothing but the manufacturers warranty.

Hollar if you hear me!

THE_SHRUB

Right on. Like most folks around here, I don't like to own anything that I haven't built or at least modified myself.

My other major hobby is HTPC (Home Theater PC). I have built a pretty slick system that handles all of our home entertainment needs (movies, tv, music, internet) in a sleek package attached to the TV that is smaller and makes less noise than your average dvd player, cable box, whatever.

There is a big open source community for this stuff if you're interested, I spend a good bit of time at http://team-mediaportal.com Makes a great hobby when the weather is too crappy to work on/ride a bike.

Back
Top Bottom