Universal Rear Sets for ~$50 [**SOLD-OUT!**]

Re: Universal Rear Sets for ~$50

I'll take the brown pair if its still available or if anyone backs out.....much appreciated

I will take any set under $75 usd if you have some....but i am guessing they are spoken for by now...

well it looks like I made a liar of myself.. no pictures yet. BUT! I did take them, only Im using my sisters camera since mine broke in thailand. She has a sony and of course sony has to be anal with its proprietary formats so my universal memory card reader on my laptop doesnt take that type of memory card, nor does it have a standard miniusb port on the camera. My sister says shell look for the cable first thing in the morning, so hopefully I can have pics posted by tomorrow.

Sorry to let you guys down! Sooo.. in thailand they have these motorcycle taxis which are just small cc bikes or scooters and the rider wears a bright colored vest (like a construction worker) and that means they are a taxi. You can find them at any busy corner hanging out and you just have to tell them where youre going and negotiate for a price. They are cheap, fast, and very dangerous. So.. as a consolation, heres a link to some of the raw footage of a motorcycle taxi ride through bangkok during heavy traffic. Im going to see if my friend will edit the three videos down into one good one and add music, but I figured you guys would appreciate the teaser.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-bS-S08pZAI

That looks like fun! At :50 I'm thinking "No-he's not gonna go up on the curb..."

That video reminds me of some of the taxi cab rides I took while I was in Shanghai.

I would be interested in getting a pair. Any chance you will go back again to pick up some more?

Bandito said:
I would be interested in getting a pair. Any chance you will go back again to pick up some more?

maybe next year? heh, sorry. I went with school and the entire 2 week trip was like 200$ more than the cost of airfare to thailand. So until I get a deal like that again (which will likely be next year) I cant see myself making it back.

Anyways, check the original post for pics and details. And again, sorry that I couldnt get my hands on more.

Bandito said:

U snooze you loose Louie!!

Re: Universal Rear Sets for ~$50 [**UPDATE**]

So only the first 7 are getting some sets right??

Just clarifying

No worries...have fun in Thailand, I have been there myself. Good on ya for loadin up on parts, I am more of a backpacker and would rather travel lite

what a great country! did you rent a bike or scoot and boot around? one of my fav memories.....next to the cheap wristies after the bar ;)

boomshakalaka said:
first 6, ya, sorry!

SO.. Id like to personally thank Boom for selling me 5 of the six sets...
They will shortly be for sale for $150 each stating tomorrow.. PM me for details!!...

JUST KIDDING!!...

Thanks for thinking of the board when you bought all these!!... What a great guy!!..

Unfortunately, I snoozed and didnt get a set :(

PM sent...Even if I dont get a set its nice to see someone looking out for others! Thanks Boomshakalaka!

gribbs said:
No worries...have fun in Thailand, I have been there myself. Good on ya for loadin up on parts, I am more of a backpacker and would rather travel lite

what a great country! did you rent a bike or scoot and boot around? one of my fav memories.....next to the cheap wristies after the bar ;)

I didnt get a chance to rent one, I couldnt really figure out where I could do that. Did you do this in bangkok? How much did you pay?

I was on one of the islands (Ko Samui) when i rented the scoot, only spent one night in bankok. Are you getting a chance to leave the big city? North has the jungles, south has the islands/beaches ... but you probably know that already

gribbs said:
I was on one of the islands (Ko Samui) when i rented the scoot, only spent one night in bankok. Are you getting a chance to leave the big city? North has the jungles, south has the islands/beaches ... but you probably know that already

Did one night in Bangkok make the hard man humble? "I can feel the devil walking next to me..."
Sorry-that song just popped into my head when I read this--I'll just go eat breakfast now and leave you guys alone. :p

gribbs said:

we went on short day trips that were pretty lame. The coolest thing out of the city that I saw was the floating market, which was pretty lame but our boat guide took us out of hte market and like 20 minutes away to a temple. So that part was awesome, seeing all the homes on stilts built right off the canals. A few kids hopped on a plane down to phukit, but I wasnt really interested. Not that I wouldnt want to go, but I didnt have a lot of money and 130$ goes a long way in bangkok, and I still had a lot to see in the city. Next time I go I figure Ill spend a lot less time in the city and try to venture up north and maybe down to the islands too. I have no regrets though, bangkok is an awesome place to spend 2 1/2 weeks :)

are all sets spoken and paid for?

let me know if any fall through. I would be interested.

Back
Top Bottom