Bonneville or bust

you should get a gps logger - Gisteq Phototrackr Lite is what I used on my Deals Gap trip and it made this webpage for me:

www.dotheton.com/trip

I'd loan you mine but I lost it on the last leg of the trip back. Runs off a AA battery - keeps a log of your GPS positions and speed, and will tag all your photos with the info based on the time stamp of the photo and GPS data matching. The iPhone might have an App for that too.

Ah, I wish I could go. I just talked to my dad and he is flying out there on Monday with a couple of friends. He's been wanting to go for a long time.

locO leoN said:
Bring a slew of extra parts...
- plugs
- jets for the carbs
- tools
- all spare cables
- fuses
- tires..
- handlebars...
- clutch plates
- clutch basket
- carbs
- air filters
- engine

hell... bring a spare bike...and tell mike to bring his "bitch-pad" ... just in case... ;D

Good luck gents... To Boldly Go Where no GTA DDTer Has Gone Before....

Getting OUT the GTA is a bold move for you guys ;D ;D ;D

intrudin said:
Getting OUT the GTA is a bold move for you guys ;D ;D ;D

ohhhh.. nevermind... Getting on your bikes to ride at all is a bold bold journey for the DTT West End-Boys.!!.... ;D

locO leoN said:
ohhhh.. nevermind... Getting on your bikes to ride at all is a bold bold journey for the DTT West End-Boys.!!.... ;D

Bwaaaaaaa ;) off subject a bit But I got my Bonneville chopper Fired up Last nite ;D ;D ;D iT will not run,, but backfires a lot ::)
Im thinkin the timing and the Boyer needs sortin out

intrudin said:
Bwaaaaaaa ;) off subject a bit But I got my Bonneville chopper Fired up Last nite ;D ;D ;D iT will not run,, but backfires a lot ::)
Im thinkin the timing and the Boyer needs sortin out

So...

your Bonneville is bust?? ::) ::)

Sorry. Couldn't resist. ;)

Good luck "lil beast"!! Have the time of your life!! We all wish we were goin' with ya! 8)

Drewski said:
Good luck "lil beast"!! Have the time of your life!! We all wish we were goin' with ya! 8)

you forgot to add..."but we're glad that we are not!!... We'll follow your misadventures from the comfort of our lazy-boy chairs, sipping warm milk with cookies...(or whatever they give us that night at the old-age home).."... ;D

just remember to adjust your carbs when you guys are climbing the rockies... that made my day hell..... my buddy with a cbr was laughing at me the whole way up the eastern range.

Beast u a bastid, u call me YESTURDAY and inform me of this trip? M bike is 100% ready to rawk, but i cant go....wish i woulda known i woulda swapped my schedule around so i could!

I'm meeting up with Beast at noon for a java on the first part of thier run in Wyoming, Ont, and he's gunna get a horrendous bitchslap from me hahahaha

next year im in 100%

Rode with them on their last leg of the Canadian tour, good luck and safe riding to both of you!

img_0471.jpg

So far so good gents. 600 miles in last night. It seams to be getting a bit better on the ass now that we cant feel a thing.
Should be able to get 1000 miles in today. Cheers.

Well, over 1000kms/674miles in yesterday. I was up bright and early thinkin it was 7am....it was actually 5am. Still on Toronto time :-(

Time for a big ol American breakfast and away we go again on the final streatch.

Thanks all.

They're keeping an up to date blog here:

bonnevilleorbust.blogspot.com

Having just rode 35 miles into work --Dallas traffic--I have a newfound respect for your journey, especially lil beast. I felt great riding, but upon dismount, I felt like someone's prison bitch that just pulled a train. The new Go! seat will definitely have that fancy (and shockingly expensive foam).

Do keep us posted...

--Chrus

Well, the ride isn't so bad once your ass loses all feeling. The bike is in worse shape than I am and I'm askin a lot from it. I think it will need a complete dissmantle when I get home. The new chain has streatched to the point the axle will not move any futher back. Looks like I will be buying another chain in De moines Iowa. It seems when I'm on the centre stand and snug up the chain I spin the wheel and the chain will tighten, losen, tighten, losen....its like one of the spokets is out of round. Can. This happen? Should I be looking elswhere? Bearings don't feel hot at all and no play in the rear wheel. Anyone have sugestions?

Back
Top Bottom