Newbie from NC

SquirrelCannon

I'm just a dude
Hi guys, names Tyler. I'm currently a student at Appalachian State and plan on getting some sort of bike this summer. Currently plans are a stripped down, but daily drivable cb550. Until then, I'll be trolling around here. If anyone has any links to great builds or threads, I'd greatly appreciate it. And yes, there will be a build.

Hey, Tyler. Glad to have ya. Mr. E and I are in NC too, couple hours from you. Maybe you can make it to one of our get-togethers. (One is this Sat in Charlotte...)
Looking forward to seeing your project. Welcome to DTT :)

Jenn

boost190 said:
Is this a forum kinda get together or what may I ask ? :)
It's not an official forum get-together, but there's a few of us locals that are going. It's from 12-5 at The Chop Shop in NoDa Charlotte. The event is called Cyclemania (formerly Charlotte Mods vs. Rockers). Drop me a line if you're looking to meet up with some DTT'ers and I'll try to help connect you with the group :)

Jenn

Awesome, im only about 40 min from charlotte near winston salem so sorta my neck of the woods!

I will be at the show this Saturday. Live in Charlotte so only a 20 minute drive to NODA for me.

yup i will be there look for a swarm of cx guys

i will be on a 78 goldwing

If i come gonna most likely be on my zx 14. 76 750 is having charging issues and im in the middle of reassembly for the 78 750

I'm just across the line in SC. Near the Charlotte area. I will be at Cyclemania for a few minutes as well before I have to head to work.

Haircutter girl. Are you guys riding in the day of? BTW this has been a straight up thread jack sorry bout that squirrel cannon

I just might swing by and pick your brain about a few things. Later in the day tomorrow I am looking at a kz650 and possibly an xs750.

Squirrel,
If you come up with a motorcycle, I host a rally in September. It's a rider's rally, not a bike show. Come ready to ride. We'd love to have you join in the fun. www.facebook.com/xssoutheast

Good news :) I bought a bike. 1978 kawasaki kz650. It's missing a few things, but it runs (or at least did, doesn't have a wiring harness or gas tank), has a title, a bunch of extra parts, and I got it all for $800.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 227
SquirrelCannon said:
Good news :) I bought a bike. 1978 kawasaki kz650. It's missing a few things, but it runs (or at least did, doesn't have a wiring harness or gas tank), has a title, a bunch of extra parts, and I got it all for $800.
Matt (Sonrier on DTT) can help you out with your wiring harness. He's the best.

http://www.sparckmoto.com

Back
Top Bottom