Kawasaki 305 frankensteiner

DesmoBro

Busted Nut
Ok so as you may be aware finding old moto parts isnt always easy.....So Im trying to make do with what ive got trying to choose the best option.....
Reality of options

(1) make some sort of bracket to fit the points to the EX305 head

(2) bring CSR head to machinist

(3) insert more options here?

Any ideas or opinions ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 164
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 166
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 150
All together now some minimal notching has been done for accomodation purposes just need to figure out how to secure it so the points open/close when they should

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 166
Also originally the plate had the wire going in the bottom....since its upside down now will i need to switch the wires to the points?

Attempt 1

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 152
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    582.1 KB · Views: 154
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    718.4 KB · Views: 150
So that lasted about 3 seconds.....Polished up the journals in the fucked head and slapped it together ....one more time.....hopefully....

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 170
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 169
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 163
Runs but only on one cyl....no spark at the points for the left side .....why? Does anyone know?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 152
So ive got intermittent spark on the left side and the pipe is cold....went and got a compression tester and nice feeler gauge set .....any ideas on anything else it could be?

Set points, and bowl height in the left side and with the jump pack in my lap and my ass on the frame rails i ripped around the block twice....still idles rough ( not at all) and timing isnt advancing well....hopefully with some minor adjustments this will be a solid daily

Back
Top Bottom