... can't make my mind on 2 jacket!! HELP!

joevirus563

Coast to Coast
Hi guys,

I'm would like to buy one of those 2 jacket here.

One is textile and other one is leather.

What do you think?

first on is a Joe Rocket Balistic 10.0

24-70170_4.jpg

And the other one is a hand made velocity (Brand from canada)

5.jpg

What do you guys think? Both are 200$ so... good deal I think but can only get one for now...

Both have spinal's shoulder and elbow's protections

Thanks!

For the same price, I always go with leather myself. But I admit that could just be a mental thing.

i would say the second based on aesthetics, but i personally just like the use of red, black, and white, or combination's of those. The second being leather is also a plus. Joe Rocket is a better known brand and can usually find peoples reviews of their products pretty easily. I've never heard of velocity(?). I would look for some reviews from riders of each jacket to see how true to size they are, if they have any inherent problems with the jacket, like the zippers being of low quality. etc.

joevirus563 said:
Leater is not to hot? Can you ride in a little cold with it?

I'm in Michigan, so even when it's hot it's not THAT hot. My leather has vents, so as long as I'm moving it's not a problem.

Cool can you post a pic of it? And do you have any advice on a set of pants? The leather one come with one with 360 zipper for 100$ more :D

does the leather one have a removable liner? i have a pretty thick leather jacket with a removable liner that i've worn when its around 70ish a couple times, i live in MS so thats more a long the lines of cool weather around here. But i won't be wearing it during the summer, i stick with textile jackets when it gets above 75ish. but the leather is especially worth it when it gets cold.

jmj166 said:
does the leather one have a removable liner? i have a pretty thick leather jacket with a removable liner that i've worn when its around 70ish a couple times, i live in MS so thats more a long the lines of cool weather around here. But i won't be wearing it during the summer, i stick with textile jackets when it gets above 75ish. but the leather is especially worth it when it gets cold.

How tick is it.

I live in Australia, I ride to work EVERY day, and it's pretty much hot all year round.

I switched to a vented textile jacket from leather last year.....and I won't buy leather again.

IMO a good textile jacket is far easier to live with day to day than leather (dries quicker, lighter, breathes better).

Just my 2c ;)

I have a leather and a textile jacket. When it's hot out (90°F+) the leather actually seems cooler when I'm stopped at lights. The textile is cooler when I'm moving though.

That said, I prefer the leather jacket in your two pics. I prefer a bit of color. It's super!

i prefer leather... seems to hold just the right temperature a bit better, even in 90+ weather. good down to about 45 degrees with two layers underneith, then i want a little more.

Thanks guys :) I'm going leather then.

Also have the option of the 360 zipper pants for 100$ should I go for it?

joevirus563 said:
How tick is it.

i think mine is around 1.45 or so. But i also use it mostly for cold(er) weather, and its all leather, there isn't any of those perforated areas. When it gets warmer i use my textile jackets, so i can see how that leather would be nice. Where do you live i guess will have a lot to do with it.

jmj166 said:
i think mine is around 1.45 or so. But i also use it mostly for cold(er) weather, and its all leather, there isn't any of those perforated areas. When it gets warmer i use my textile jackets, so i can see how that leather would be nice. Where do you live i guess will have a lot to do with it.

Ok mine is like 1- 1.2 and is perforated in underarms and back. Living in canada, quebec.

canada....the sound of that just makes me cold....then again, when its 65 outside you'll find me in jeans and a jacket, it doesn't get warm to me till its at least 85. So i guess coldness is kind of subjective...

jmj166 said:
canada....the sound of that just makes me cold....then again, when its 65 outside you'll find me in jeans and a jacket, it doesn't get warm to me till its at least 85. So i guess coldness is kind of subjective...

HAHA comeon! Here in summer we can still have 90f ;) but more around 80-85

haha, with humidity. it feels like 100-105, sometimes hotter in the summer. Because of the humidity, you step outside and basically are covered in sweat, and it doesn't evaporate off....

i don't think it started getting (what most people would call) cold until like mid-January. I remember a couple days in December would be in the mid 70's

jmj166 said:
i don't think it started getting (what most people would call) cold until like mid-January. I remember a couple days in December would be in the mid 70's

Ok ok.. you win!

:p here today with winds its -4... yes... -4 F... :)

Back
Top Bottom