125cc donor bike??? Really need some advice.

499bullet

Due to UK bike laws I can only ride a 125cc for a while, well 2 years until I'm 19. I have a ybr125cc at the moment that I ride about on, but want to start a café project. Was thinking of maybe a Honda cg125 as they can be had quite cheaply. I want to add a rear set and clip on bars, so I'll need a bike that can accommodate these.

Cheers!!!!

The skyteam Ace 125 is a copy of a Cg 125 motor in a dream 50 style frame, a new one is only around £1899 on the road
you can get clip ons to fit and it already has rear sets.
But the cg 125 is also a good start, that motor is cheap to fix up etc, and because its pushrod its cheap to service etc.

Cheers! The sky team ace looks pretty decent, but I've heard loads of bad stuff about Chinese bikes. I'd like to build the bike myself though for the satisfaction. I could pick up a really decent running cg125 for about £700.

The chinese motors are clones of Hondas. Anything breaks, replace it with proper Japanese stuff.

it is a chinese bike so the chrome is cheap and such, ive had the headlight globe blow so in went a halogen globe and i had a seat bolt snap when i tried to tighten it up, but for the price i think its good . i have taken it out to 120 kph with the new exhaust i put on it, as the stock exhaust is restrictive.
the bigest problem ive had was surface rust on some of the bolts and the muffler as they used cheap paint on it and it flaked off. ive done just under 2000 km on it so far and the motor is showing no issues, the tyres are great for chinese rubber.
it isnt as good as a jap bike, but for the price you get a warrenty, something you dont get on a second hand bike
it is a bit slow up hills, but it will cruise all day at top speed on the flat roads no problem, i sit on 110kph for three hours at a time and have no problems. the paint is good on the tin ware but the welds and frame paint is a little sloppy, but not too bad.

Sounds like a pretty cool bike, man! BTW there is a Suzuki GN125 not too far from me, but I take it they are hard to turn into café racers?

Never owned a Gn, so i dont know what its like for a cafe conversion sorry :)
but a Gn or Cg would be better quality then the ace for sure,

I can highly recommend the SkyTeam 'Ace".

Mine has covered nearly 3000k with no troubles. They respond very well to relatively simple modifications to achieve more horsepower.

As for the derogatory comments about Chinese bikes, have any of these people had any actual experience with Chinese bikes?

Check out my thread on the 'Ace':

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.0

Crazy

item.JPG

yeah i own an ACE crazy does that count ? lol :D
one of the best little bike ive ever had out of the bikes ive owned :)

sprocket2cog - my comment was aimed at negativity displayed by some of 499bullet's informants. People these days are saying the same sort things that were passed around as "common knowledge" back in the 60s when Japanese bikes were discussed.

From what I've seen so far of the engine internals I wouldn't be too surprised if the quality of the engineering turned out to be not far short of the original!

Crazy

stroker crazy said:
I can highly recommend the SkyTeam 'Ace".

Mine has covered nearly 3000k with no troubles. They respond very well to relatively simple modifications to achieve more horsepower.

As for the derogatory comments about Chinese bikes, have any of these people had any actual experience with Chinese bikes?

Check out my thread on the 'Ace':

http://www.dotheton.com/forum/index.php?topic=43357.0

Crazy

item.JPG

That ace you have is stunning! Might have to look into getting one then.

Back
Top Bottom