Post a pic of your latest purchase

Well with all the talk of welders and what not this fits well. I finally managed to get the old Miller off the floor and onto a cart thanks to Harbor Freight. 8)

20130305185406.jpg

temptemptakenpicture.jpg

Now I might actually use the damn thing once in a while. ;D

Get new casters, you'll thank yourself later. Can't beat the price tho.

Tim said:
I haven't actually fired up my welder yet (too cold out there). I've only done the bit of welding at the class, where we were of course using C25. I'll hopefully never have to bother with flux core. I also got a contact for a 70 year old master welder who offers TIG lessons.... 8)

The C25 (25% CO2) will give you more penetration, but at the cost of more spatter. If you end up doing any sheet steel or anything that needs to look good use an anti spatter spray around where you are welding so it doesn't stick. don't spray on where you are going to weld as it may cause porosity and I use Walters products as the store brands I've used are thick and messy. As with anything, you get what you pay for.

Damn Tim, you guys get screwed on bottle sizes. I use K cylinders on my TIG and T cylinders on my MIG . It is 30 minutes to my cylinder exchange place, and I was burning through my Q's once a month if not less. But man, I'm glad you didn't bother with flux. It sucks when you're used to gas.

4554637588.jpg

Frogman, how's that cart holding up? I feel like it would flex like the dickens with the weight of the welder on top. Really why I haven't gotten one yet.

Looky looky what the UPS guy brought

Attachments

• Image.jpg
    Image.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 635
I have the same cart for mine, though I got it from Northern. No wobbles at all.
It came with decent casters too so maybe Northern Tool is a better source?

sxecafe said:
Nice! What that run you?

with provincial sales tax it came out $170....free delivery to my door (ordered monday....at my door wednesday)

So my new headlight bulb just showed up. 1600 lumen 1.4a I couldn't find a "dual element" led bulb to fit in my housing other than the $400 Harley unit. I will try to get out side in the next night or two to get some night shots.

$T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg2,6BQ-6gslEGg~~60_35.JPG

Let us know how that works out, lingo. I'm running one I imported that runs at .75A, but I would be very interested to see how this one compares. What's the diameter?

Whelen PN# P46FLC. I payed $125 (cheapest I could find) http://www.vlsusa.com/ They come in 3 different beams 2 degree, 8 degree, and a 60 degree (I think). I liked the way the 8 degree beam looked the best, so that is what I got. Like I said no high beam is the only problem for some people.

Small stuff, but they add up:

New petcock and bolts for the GS450:
photobucket-64843-1362646590211_zpse6e9e46c.jpg

Finally bought an allen head set:
photobucket-7435-1362646589409_zps04e6c0af.jpg

And my own buffer so I don't have to borrow the neighbor's anymore:
photobucket-61653-1362646586861_zps2f5643bb.jpg

Back
Top Bottom